Any other OTS booked for a Level 12?

moulds80

I was 99.9% sure I got rejected when I left for work at 4pm Friday with no e-mail, just too fine one when I got home after midnight. Only possible bad news…. Its at ZOB, a Level 12 TRACON facility near Cleveland. I know this has been discussed before but has anyone seen OTS applicants successful at a Level 12? I can’t imagine Cleveland being as difficult as Atlanta or the NYC TRACON, but who knows???? Also, does your training and certification go quicker at a TRACON? It seems like since your 100% radar it may go faster that a up-down facility where you must learn every facet.

I was 99.9% sure I got rejected when I left for work at 4pm Friday with no e-mail, just too fine one when I got home after midnight. Only possible bad news…. Its at ZOB, a Level 12 TRACON facility near Cleveland. I know this has been discussed before but has anyone seen OTS applicants successful at a Level 12? I can’t imagine Cleveland being as difficult as Atlanta or the NYC TRACON, but who knows???? Also, does your training and certification go quicker at a TRACON? It seems like since your 100% radar it may go faster that a up-down facility where you must learn every facet.

I'm going to ZLA(level 12), so I know what you're talking about. I think it's normal to feel scared or anxious because this will be something new. I can't worry myself about failing or that nonsense. We all need to believe in ourselves. All we can do is give it our best effort. In my opinion God takes care of the rest.

I am going to ZLA as well, but the ARTCC's are not Tracons, they are en-route. I imagine a level 12 Tracon would be much harder to check out at than a level 12 center. At least that is what seems to be the concensus among the much more experienced on this and other forums. I am sure you will be fine.

PCT

I know a level 12 tracon might not seem like a good place for an OTS. But talking for actual ATCers, I realized there are a few things going for me. It's the FAA's plan, more trainers, more support and close to home.

I'll have to bust ass, but that's the point.

As far as worst case scenarios, I was told by more than one person that I could transfer to a lower level facility if need be. In the words of one controller, "The FAA isn't going to waste a $100,000 investment on a D2 who can't cut it at a large facility." Although I will do my best so that it never comes to me.

ZNY here. have any of you ZNY'ers taken a tour of the facility? i took one with a good friend who has been a controller for 15 years. much different than i was expecting.

Going to GCN-- how do I know it's level? I was set on LAS but don't know how to check this.

Congrats, btw.

GCN is the same lvl as SCK lvl 5 which is the bottom of the pay scale, well level 4 is the bottom, but there is not difference in pay about.

Back