Any other OTS booked for a Level 12?

ZOB is an ARTCC, sorry about that, speaking about ARTCC and TRACON, it seems like 90% of the potential offers on this website is ARTCC and TRACON, very few terminals, maybe that is why so many people yet to recieve an e-mail listed "terminal only" in their geo preferences, maybe the FAA is planning to make it a priotity to fill up the big facilities with staffing first.

ZOB is an ARTCC, sorry about that, speaking about ARTCC and TRACON, it seems like 90% of the potential offers on this website is ARTCC and TRACON, very few terminals, maybe that is why so many people yet to recieve an e-mail listed "terminal only" in their geo preferences, maybe the FAA is planning to make it a priotity to fill up the big facilities with staffing first.

TRACONs are terminal facilities...

PCT

I know a level 12 tracon might not seem like a good place for an OTS. But talking for actual ATCers, I realized there are a few things going for me. It's the FAA's plan, more trainers, more support and close to home.

I'll have to bust ass, but that's the point.

As far as worst case scenarios, I was told by more than one person that I could transfer to a lower level facility if need be. In the words of one controller, "The FAA isn't going to waste a $100,000 investment on a D2 who can't cut it at a large facility." Although I will do my best so that it never comes to me.

Don't be so sure. This time last year my hubby was in Oklahoma training for LAX. He couldn't pass clearance and delivery when he got there and was basically told too bad, he couldn't transfer (you have to at least get through C&D to be able to transfer). He is now applying again OTS (he was CTI before) and will not be thrown to the wolves this time by being sent to an upper facility. Not saying this is going to happen to you, just letting you know it DOS happen.

Nope, waiting for the security clearance to go through....last I heard there was some enroute guys starting in Feb, I hope that includes us

Back