O'hare flooding

CamYZ125

Got these in an e-mail.. crazy! The 737 engines are inches from the water! Was anyone up there during this a couple of weeks ago?

41283310xo0.png

95273526af4.png

74713702ms1.png

88434480qn5.png

13328152yc3.png

22782928br5.png

39694668qt8.png

35794474kt9.png

I wasn't at O'Hare but my house is about 5 miles from O'Hare and I was taking a lot of water in my basement. I think I counted around 15 homes on my block that had wet carpet on the curb the day after. Crazy! We got around 10" of rain.

I was at the airport. The basement was under water. The blue line stopped running. The water made the airport into an island.

Has anyone noticed that the two quarrys on about a 5 mile final for 4R in O'Hare are now full of water whereas a couple weeks ago, (before the flooding I'm assuming) there was a couple hundred feet of open space in them? Amazing how fast they filled up...

Has anyone noticed that the two quarrys on about a 5 mile final for 4R in O'Hare are now full of water whereas a couple weeks ago, (before the flooding I'm assuming) there was a couple hundred feet of open space in them? Amazing how fast they filled up...

Are you talking about 4R?

How in the world does one see the taxiway centerlines?

Funny, when I first saw those pics I thought they were stationary. When I realized they were actually taxiing I thought the same thing.

So, what's the limitation on water depth for operating a 737? I mean, that deal looks like a FOD nightmare.

They cant actually take off in that can they?
Wouldn't the water resistance make takeoff rolls 10x longer?

Back