Starting a Colgan Forum?

v1valarob

No, not a sub-part to JC.

I was thinking of starting up a Colgan forum, paid out of my pocket. Something simple, and all web based. But Im wondering what other CJC pilots think about this. The only way people could get access is to be confirmed by another member. Completely private from anyone who is not confirmed.

There are a ton of things in my short time that I have wanted to bring up, but I dont really want to be in the public. Also things like trip-trades and all of that stuff would be much better done on a forum rather than our crap crew site.

Questions/Concerns/Comments? Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Suggestions from our leader Doug? :D

Definitely. I was just thinking about this last week. Every other regional out there has their own forum, why not? I would certainly help spread info faster than we do now.

Vote ALPA, and get your own company board. ;)

Dang it Steve. . . you was just a bit quicker than I was, and I just came right on out and said it. ;)

I thought that's what "Airline Pilots" on Jetcareers was?

:sarcasm::)

Hey I post Mesaba stuff up there too :).

Personally I like hearing about Colgan regularly. If for no other reason than continually making me happy I left. Everyone else that posted on here from other airlines appears to just have been furloughed or are too busy getting their finances together to post.

Everyone else that posted on here from other airlines appears to just have been furloughed

My company has not stop me to work yet. :)

just like to spend more quality time with family when I am home.

There is the colgan social group here.. it could be regulated to include only colgan. The problem with the Colgan only forum, is that you don't get your fix of "other" company's as well

BTW, heard we exercised our options for an aditional 15, late next year.

BTW, heard we exercised our options for an aditional 15, late next year.

Buddy told us in the meeting today that they will arrive first quarter in 2010, and they will all be the Next gen versions. He said that Continental wants more Q's, but they company does not know 100% where they are going. He also told me that US Air, United, and CAL are all talking about wanting them, however, US Air sounded like the least likely of the three

Hey Guys,
I read something on Air Transport World that Pinnacle Holdings was going to announce they were exercising 15 more options on the Q. Rumor around the campus that
I have heard is they plan to have 50-60 Q-400s on line in the next 5-7 years, and the SAAB will be operated as long as they are economically viable. The SAAB is a pain the rear to learn, but I've gained alot of knowledge on aircraft in general this past couple of weeks. E.Y. is one of the BEST instructors I've had in my 28-year military and civilian career.
In other news, the hangar in HEF is up for sale and your next recurrent may very well take place in ALB. Not such a bad town...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

In other news, the hangar in HEF is up for sale and your next recurrent may very well take place in ALB. Not such a bad town...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Maybe then IAD guys wont be required to drive themselves to ground school / put themselves up in a hotel / not get per diem.

So Im hours away from clicking the purchase button on a web host.

Im still trying to make sure I can do this before I commit cash though.

What do people think about members remaining private? I personally want to make it a site where you can sign up, but before you can see everything you have to get someone to confirm who you are, and announce in a separate "Welcome" forum your name and stuff.

Either way the site is going to remain private in most sections.

So Im hours away from clicking the purchase button on a web host.

Im still trying to make sure I can do this before I commit cash though.

What do people think about members remaining private? I personally want to make it a site where you can sign up, but before you can see everything you have to get someone to confirm who you are, and announce in a separate "Welcome" forum your name and stuff.

Either way the site is going to remain private in most sections.

I wouldn't drop any money on it. The ALPA website is already set up to give you your own private forum on what will be your MEC's own page within the ALPA site. No need to spend your own money on something that will be free very soon.

Back