Starting a Colgan Forum?

Yes, don't spend yer own cash, Rob... I think there's other options in the works for us.

I know we have an ALPA one being setup. I talked to Mark, Im going to wait and see how that one goes.

I just see that the Eagle, Mesa, and Express guys all have one and they are ALPA.

I know we have an ALPA one being setup. I talked to Mark, Im going to wait and see how that one goes.

I just see that the Eagle, Mesa, and Express guys all have one and they are ALPA.

Pinnacle's got one, too, but it's funded through ALPA. Hold off on spending any $$$.

$80 a year for the web space and domain name.

Keep in mind Rob that $80/year is probably for a defined amount of bandwidth.

If you go over (get too many people visiting the site) then you could get charged overages or the hosting company will pull it completely off the web until the next billing cycle.

With that being said- I've thought about it....I've got a certificate in web design and I thought about doing it, but would like to get my money back and I'm not sure how good Google Ads would help.

Keep in mind Rob that $80/year is probably for a defined amount of bandwidth.

If you go over (get too many people visiting the site) then you could get charged overages or the hosting company will pull it completely off the web until the next billing cycle.

With that being said- I've thought about it....I've got a certificate in web design and I thought about doing it, but would like to get my money back and I'm not sure how good Google Ads would help.

I thought about that, I also figured that since it would be a pilot only page, you wouldnt get anymore than 500 possible members, and you would be lucky if 50% of your pilot group signed up.

Either way its on hold for a few months anyway.

If you can have a say in the ALPA board.... make sure its inaccessible from company machines and wish there was a way to ensure that people posting on there don't go talking to papa Colgan about whats on there. That's the most annoying part about company forums.

If you can have a say in the ALPA board.... make sure its inaccessible from company machines and wish there was a way to ensure that people posting on there don't go talking to papa Colgan about whats on there. That's the most annoying part about company forums.

Yea, I know for a fact that this site is monitored by management.

Yea, I know for a fact that this site is monitored by management.

I didn't say this site wasn't. ;)

Funny thing is.... the only reason a website would be "monitored" by management is because they know they're doing a crappy job (yes 9E, you too) of maintaining employee morale at an acceptable level, often through means of very shady business practices. There's no other good reason for a company to monitor a website except to muzzle the truth.

the XJT forum isnt affiliated with alpa, its just an "anonymous" web board anyone can join and post on (save for one new subforum that requires employment verification).

Back