Jobs for AirNet SIC's

dcramer16

I have a thread here for myself. But I'm also trying to do my best to find something for my SIC that I've been flying with for the last several months.

She's sitting at about 850TT and 500ME, and doesn't have 135 mins. Does anyone know of cargo companies that have some sort of SIC program? (Not PFT) This info would be useful to her, and I'm sure all the other SIC's at AirNet could use it too.

She's been flying SIC for several months and only has 850 TT? I thought they didn't take people with less than 900 hrs or so for that program...

In any event, I think she's gonna find that she's got lots of company in that "no man's land" of sub-135 mins pilots. There's a ton of dudes who got on at the regionals with little more than a wet commercial that are now on the street or soon to be. We're all only slightly less useless than those with wet comm tickets now...

She's been flying SIC for several months and only has 850 TT? I thought they didn't take people with less than 900 hrs or so for that program...

She was one of the lucky few that got hired with low time. I'm not entirely sure, but she started out with somewhere around 250TT I think. But she had already worked here for years, as an intern and other things.

I'd recommend Cape Air. Throw in the application there. I've worked for them as a ops agent and it's a great company.

Wouldn't she need 135 mins for CapeAir or do they have an SIC program in the 402s?

www.dynamicaviation.com

always looking for FO's (they dont pay much.. $15 ground, 11.50 flight) have to keep a 40 hour work week when not flying (mostly turning wrench's on the king-air's).For the ADA (aerial data acquisition) Flight time isn't "stable" (IE, your on a rotation, thats based on customer needs. IF theres alot of customers, you fly alot, if theirs not, you dont). For the AA (aerial application), flying is typically done at night, below 500' AGL wearing night vision goggles flying "spray lines" killing mosquito's. Pay is the same as AA for Fo's, but captain pay is $20/hr +$40/hr premium. Upgrade time is typically 1200TT and atleast 200 in type (for all segments except ISR). To be a AA "spray" captain, you need 100 spray PIC.

Fun job when your flying if you like doing things that aren't the norm in aviation. And would atleast keep you in an aviation based job that flies you on occassion until you can find something that 100% flying.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, or want to call to ask some questions :)

www.dynamicaviation.com

always looking for FO's (they dont pay much.. $15 ground, 11.50 flight) have to keep a 40 hour work week when not flying (mostly turning wrench's on the king-air's).For the ADA (aerial data acquisition) Flight time isn't "stable" (IE, your on a rotation, thats based on customer needs. IF theres alot of customers, you fly alot, if theirs not, you dont). For the AA (aerial application), flying is typically done at night, below 500' AGL wearing night vision goggles flying "spray lines" killing mosquito's. Pay is the same as AA for Fo's, but captain pay is $20/hr +$40/hr premium. Upgrade time is typically 1200TT and atleast 200 in type (for all segments except ISR). To be a AA "spray" captain, you need 100 spray PIC.

Fun job when your flying if you like doing things that aren't the norm in aviation. And would atleast keep you in an aviation based job that flies you on occassion until you can find something that 100% flying.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, or want to call to ask some questions :)

How possible is it to go overseas with Dynamic? What exactly do they accomplish in the military "hotspots?" Obviously just looking for general information, as I understand that some of the stuff overseas is OPSEC.

How possible is it to go overseas with Dynamic? What exactly do they accomplish in the military "hotspots?" Obviously just looking for general information, as I understand that some of the stuff overseas is OPSEC.

the ISR division is CONTINUOUSLY hiring it seems. So its very possible to go. You mostly fly at about FL220 for 4 to 6 hours at a time in circles. You live and operate out of a military base, you CAN NOT leave. have limited phone and internet access. But the pay is "supposedly" very nice $10-15k a month for FO's, upwards of 40's for captains.

Cape Air has an FO program, though they typically look for 1,000 TT.

At 135 mins you move to the mail run.

At ATP mins you move to the pax runs.

They're actively hiring and have classes scheduled through the end of October so throw in an app and see what happens.

Aside from just sending Cape a resume/app, is there someone there you can talk to and ask questions to make sure it's worth the time of both parties? Someone like a recruiter?

I looked for a phone number but only came up with an e-mail address for resume's. Maybe I'm just having a "duh" day ... that's entirely possible.

-mini

If you don't have an A&P or turbine experience, Dynamic won't be terribly interested. I never even made it past the HR phone screen a few months back, even with a personal recommendation to their VP of Flight Ops. They REALLY want their pilots doubling as mechanics....or should I say, their mechanics doubling as pilots....

Aside from just sending Cape a resume/app, is there someone there you can talk to and ask questions to make sure it's worth the time of both parties? Someone like a recruiter?

I looked for a phone number but only came up with an e-mail address for resume's. Maybe I'm just having a "duh" day ... that's entirely possible.

-mini

508 790 3122

There should be an extension for Pilot Recruitment you can dial from the main menu.

If you don't have an A&P or turbine experience, Dynamic won't be terribly interested. I never even made it past the HR phone screen a few months back, even with a personal recommendation to their VP of Flight Ops. They REALLY want their pilots doubling as mechanics....or should I say, their mechanics doubling as pilots....

Tru, and not tru.

We have ALOT of pilots who dont have A&P's. I was hired at 1200TT w/o no turbine experience at all (but i have an A&P).

and the comment about the mechanics doubling as pilots.. that REALLY depends on which division you are hired on with.

ADA that comment is tru 50% of the year. AA, its tru 30% of the year. ISR its not true at all.

Dynamic has an ENDLESS pool of "low-timers" to fill the right seat of the king-air's. the problem is the ADA division has run out of "upgradeable" pilots. So they really need people who have close to 1000TT. AA needs captains AND FO's. I'm going to have a conversation this week or weekend with my AA boss about getting people hired on for AA FO spots (we need them terribly bad).

Back