CVG Closed

surreal1221

Seems the Tower has evacuated. No takeoffs or landings, or so they say on the airport intercom.

Stuck here. . .so if anyone is here. . .hit me up.

I'm here at Ameriflight sitting back up...like I can really go anywhere. We're pretty much shut down whenever the wind are gusting over 50kts. The power's off, but the internet is still going strong.

KCVG 141852Z 19035G61KT 10SM SCT045 OVC120 29/19 A2945 RMK AO2 PK WND 19064/1829 SLP958 T02890189

61?! Ouch.

KCVG 141852Z 19035G61KT 10SM SCT045 OVC120 29/19 A2945 RMK AO2 PK WND 19064/1829 SLP958 T02890189

61?! Ouch.

Looks like most aircraft held for a few loops around the hold and now going elsewhere. DAL sent their flight from France back to PIT.

/FI simulation

it's pretty wild here right now. No storms at all...just crazy wind. We've been without power near LUK for a while now

Well. . .we're canx. We've got 4 planes that diverted to DAY. Seems someone is cleaning up a lot of vomit in each of those 4.

[FONT=Monospace,Courier]KCVG 141952Z 23032G64KT 10SM SCT049 OVC250 28/17 A2952

It's gusting what the steady wind is, where's my kite??
[/FONT]

What I know for sure is while in IND today, eating at Buffalo Wild Wings and trying to watch my packers the power went out about 6-7 times between 3pm and 430pm. Needless to say its kicking over here rather bad! IND, CVG, DAY, CMH.

Yeah gusts at IND were reported at 51! It is one helluva windy day here! The power has blipped off 3-4 times, though we have the computers, the router, cable box & big TV all plugged into a uninterruptible power supply.

I lost almost all the shingles from my roof, a few trees and the entire gutter along the back and along one side of my house. Some of my smaller plants were entirely uprooted! My neighbors got it pretty bad too.

My foursome made it to the 8th hole before we called it quits. Then headed to the gym to play some hoops.

KSDF, according to the local news, reported a 75mph gust around 2pm. My yard is full of leaves, twigs and tree limbs. My in-laws live in Houston so all things considered it could be a lot worse for us.

Scary thing is if it were 19026G61, dispatch would say "Well, technically we don't have to take the gusts into account....."

I love supervisors that have never actually flown or dispatched an airplane.

They are still saying about 500,000 people are without power. I have power at my place, but the phone lines are still out. Glad I was on a trip and not near CVG when the wind came through.

Dayton had about 180,000 with out power as of this morning. My apartment was out as of last night when I was there. Also a fair number of shingles were ripped off the roof and a window was blown in.

I'm hoping that by the time I get home this afternoon I have power again.

Dayton had about 180,000 with out power as of this morning. My apartment was out as of last night when I was there. Also a fair number of shingles were ripped off the roof and a window was blown in.

I'm hoping that by the time I get home this afternoon I have power again.

Power down at the Mall is still out as of a few minutes ago (11:25). Middletown has power down there.

Whoo Hooo! Internet!:nana2: Rrrrrrrr....no power at home since Sunday at 1:50 PM:banghead:. Sunday was just like being back in Florida again! Took my kids to the airport on Sunday at the peak of the winds. At the peak it was sustaining 65 kts for about 15 mins. The Delta Mx Hangar's roof got jacked up. It was cool to see Delta use 27. They had a pretty mean wind correction goin on. I hope my power comes back on soon!:(

Back