CVG Closed

Hope you get power back soon, man. I got mine back at 4:45 yesterday morning, but everyone else I know is still in the dark.

What I know for sure is while in IND today, eating at Buffalo Wild Wings and trying to watch my packers the power went out about 6-7 times between 3pm and 430pm. Needless to say its kicking over here rather bad! IND, CVG, DAY, CMH.
Dude I was in IND from 8pm sat night until 8pm sun night at the Sheraton downtown! That wind was crazy. Saw some of those little square No Parking signs blown over.

:nana2::nana2: Alright! :nana2::nana2::nana2: Wife just called and said that our power has been restored!:nana2::nana2:

Whoo Hooo! Internet!:nana2: Rrrrrrrr....no power at home since Sunday at 1:50 PM:banghead:. Sunday was just like being back in Florida again! Took my kids to the airport on Sunday at the peak of the winds. At the peak it was sustaining 65 kts for about 15 mins. The Delta Mx Hangar's roof got jacked up. It was cool to see Delta use 27. They had a pretty mean wind correction goin on. I hope my power comes back on soon!:(

I've seen 27 landings twice. They were wicked cool. But, the place is pretty much shut down what with only one runway in use. Landing lights being seen from the east for 10-15 miles out.

After 10 PM they use 27 for all arrivals due to noise abaitment since both ends of 27 and 9 are not very populated.

After 10 PM they use 27 for all arrivals due to noise abaitment since both ends of 27 and 9 are not very populated.

Lol. . .I did work the Delta for 3 1/2 yrs. :p

But, it should be stated that at that hour it's all "prop jobs" arriving and departing. Now, if they ever use rwy 09 for departure during daylight someone get that #### on camera.

I'd cream myself!

I came in smokin' hot and high on the TIGRR arrival in a 757 a few days ago, expecting a turn to downwind and right traffic for 36R. Then we got cut off for the visual for 27, talk about a panic! ;)

27? Almost 11 years at Southernjets and I've never landed on 27!

I came in smokin' hot and high on the TIGRR arrival in a 757 a few days ago, expecting a turn to downwind and right traffic for 36R. Then we got cut off for the visual for 27, talk about a panic! ;)

Shoulda come in here on Sunday!:D You'd woulda got a workout.

What are you doing flying a 757????

Lol. . .I did work the Delta for 3 1/2 yrs. :p

But, it should be stated that at that hour it's all "prop jobs" arriving and departing. Now, if they ever use rwy 09 for departure during daylight someone get that #### on camera.

I'd cream myself!

UPS, FedEx, and DHL land 27 all of the time. They give you pretty much anything you want landing in CVG after 10pm if the winds are calm.

What are you doing flying a 757????

AMS-CVG is a 757 with the pimped-out winglets.

It was a six-day:

JFK-AMS (767-300ER)
AMS-CVG (757-200ER)
CVG-AMS (757-200ER)
AMS-JFK (767-300ER)

The bad thing about the 75's is that if you're high and fast, you've got to get very creative when you've got to descend and decelerate at the same time. Plus, unlike the MD-88/90, the flaps are "high lift devices" and not "high lift devices" & "drag devices"

The bad thing about the 75's is that if you're high and fast, you've got to get very creative when you've got to descend and decelerate at the same time. Plus, unlike the MD-88/90, the flaps are "high lift devices" and not "high lift devices" & "drag devices"
I take it was outside your control to decent/decrease speed? I understand decent planning :D Worse case, couldn't you just treated like a dive bomber run? (where is Brett he was with me for that one!), or a few S's in on final? :sarcasm:

It's a ghost town here nowadays.:(

Wow...

I worked for Delta from 99-2003! Loved going into work, loved the evening rush from 4-7pm.

Around 9pm all the DHL's would start coming in. I never worked nights, my schedule was 2-11pm. But, I heard that most of the DHL planes were around all night and would start leave about 5am and all be gone about 7-ish.

That was the old great CVG. I'm sure form what I hear now, save for a new runway. It is a ghost of it's former self!

Dood.

You obviously weren't on the 88/90 long enough.:crazy:

I've landed on 27 countless times, even after requesting 36R (coming from ATL) Unable due to noize.

Turned off before 18C, of course. No autobrakes, neither.

As for YOU, my Boeing 75 man;

Flap, Flap, speedbrake, Gear, Flap, Flap, STOW speedbrake, arm, flare, land.

Panic????:panic:

No sweat! :D

UPS, FedEx, and DHL land 27 all of the time. They give you pretty much anything you want landing in CVG after 10pm if the winds are calm.

Just TRY to ask for 36R in an MD-88.......

*sigh*

Had to drive around for 9 the last time.

Dood.

You obviously weren't on the 88/90 long enough.:crazy:

I've landed on 27 countless times, even after requesting 36R (coming from ATL) Unable due to noize.

Turned off before 18C, of course. No autobrakes, neither.

As for YOU, my Boeing 75 man;

Panic????:panic:

No sweat! :D

Yeah, but you were also based in CVG, Sunshine! ;)

That's pretty much it!

The 75's a lot like the 73, just the second the controller says, "Delta 123, cross..." speedbrakes oughta start coming out! :)

Back