2nd job

Does anyone know what the FAA's policy is on having a 2nd job along with the atc?

A good number of the new hires have had to take second jobs to be able to afford some of the higher cost of living areas. The FFA obviously doesn't care what you do, as long as it's not having to pay you a decent wage.

A good number of the new hires have had to take second jobs to be able to afford some of the higher cost of living areas. The FFA obviously doesn't care what you do, as long as it's not having to pay you a decent wage.

Future Farmers of America? Why would they care? ;)

What is this new fascination with Chuck Norris. He wasn't even cool when he was famous.

It was off topic, much like the post before it and much like your reply to it.

I was curious as I finally was able to ask someone who apparently does like old Chucky boy. This Chuck Norris stuff is showing up everywhere, and seeing as how he has a comment about him in his signature, I thought he could shed some light on it for me.

It was off topic, much like the post before it and much like your reply to it.

I was curious as I finally was able to ask someone who apparently does like old Chucky boy. This Chuck Norris stuff is showing up everywhere, and seeing as how he has a comment about him in his signature, I thought he could shed some light on it for me.

It started as a internet trend to like chuck norris a few years ago. Now he has kind of become the cool thing to be a fan of. Its a fad like myspace, yo-yo's, razor scooters, and those shoes with the skate wheels in them.

What type of second jobs are people taking?

No joke, I am actually trying to get hired on as a personal assistant for Chuck Norris. So these replies are exactly what I'm looking for.

Did you need more than the initial response from ATLTRACON? Seems like he answered your question to me. If anyone here knows what's going on, it's him.

or just dont take a job somewhere you cant afford to live without having a second job? or get a russian mail order bride that is an RN, marry her and send her to work

With the paycut my wife will be making more than me, just saying its nice not have to pay for it on my own, b/c it would probably be tough. With my 40k in training at facility and her 40-45K we should be fine. Especially since we are moving and will be moving into an apartment.

Nothing like a seasonal job at Best Buy, good discounts!!!!!!

you hit the nail on the head, I've had 2 friends who have been there long term, and the discounts on certain things are unbelievable. We may pay $80 for a set of cables the employees can pick up for $5.

i'm thinking about keeping my 4 year job with Outback Steakhouse while i'm working as an ATCT. Just depends on the hours and the workload. I'm good friends with the guy that runs the place so i'm 99% sure he'd let me work part part time. Plus I know everyone that goes there so it would be a good extra 200 a night since i would be a guest star

I dont know who has their Flight Instructor Ratings, but thats quick easy money. $40/hr can mean a additional 1k a month working 2 or 3 days for a few hours a week. BE CAREFUL though. You CAN NOT work at the same airport or airspace you control in. Like mentioned above. Conflict of Interest.

I dont know who has their Flight Instructor Ratings, but thats quick easy money. $40/hr can mean a additional 1k a month working 2 or 3 days for a few hours a week. BE CAREFUL though. You CAN NOT work at the same airport or airspace you control in. Like mentioned above. Conflict of Interest.
yeah but how many thousands of $$ does it take to get your instructor rating? and 40 an hr? thats on the high end. just starting out youll be charging in the 20-30$ range

Back