2nd job

yeah but how many thousands of $$ does it take to get your instructor rating? and 40 an hr? thats on the high end. just starting out youll be charging in the 20-30$ range

They start in the $35-40 range now a days. It does take alot of money but just throwing out ideas for those with pilot ratings already. This is a pilot forum afterall.

They start in the $35-40 range now a days. It does take alot of money but just throwing out ideas for those with pilot ratings already. This is a pilot forum afterall.
i think it vaires depending on where you are at in the country. around here its 20-30 range. the place i was taking lessons at (141 school) was paying 13 an hour

I guess they don't actually enforce it. But when we swore in at the academy, part of it said we agree not to take a second job. I didn't even notice but my roommate caught it as some of the other students here were thinking about possible second jobs initially.

I guess they don't actually enforce it. But when we swore in at the academy, part of it said we agree not to take a second job. I didn't even notice but my roommate caught it as some of the other students here were thinking about possible second jobs initially.

so you're saying get a 2nd job that pays in cash, under the table?

I have all my ratings, with instructor and fly out of KFRG in ny and i get 45 for basic training and 55 for advanced training. So someone said earlier i wont be able to do that anymore if i get in at ZNY? Im not even in there airspace thats class bravo and i fly around in class delta. But i dont care ill still fly on my days off.

John

It was off topic, much like the post before it and much like your reply to it.

I was curious as I finally was able to ask someone who apparently does like old Chucky boy. This Chuck Norris stuff is showing up everywhere, and seeing as how he has a comment about him in his signature, I thought he could shed some light on it for me.

My comment was from that in the Moderator postion, not as an individual trying to "start" something. Every post on this, and other sections of JC'rs, seems to almost veer off course rapidly. All we are asking is that we try to stay on topic.

Thank you

that makes it harder to round up students in my book.
Not that I've ever had the desire to teach anyway.
Reminds me I need to renew this year. dammit.

Not really no. At the two flight schools at KAPA they pretty much provide you with students. The CFI's are still free lance though. You just pay them via check.

I have all my ratings, with instructor and fly out of KFRG in ny and i get 45 for basic training and 55 for advanced training. So someone said earlier i wont be able to do that anymore if i get in at ZNY? Im not even in there airspace thats class bravo and i fly around in class delta. But i dont care ill still fly on my days off.

John

Alot of people do, just dont broadcast it at work. Nobody even needs to know you are a CFI.

My comment was from that in the Moderator postion, not as an individual trying to "start" something. Every post on this, and other sections of JC'rs, seems to almost veer off course rapidly. All we are asking is that we try to stay on topic.

That reminds me, did you see sports team compete in the latest match? Wow, I love recent movie to come out. Drinking and women! Also, snarky comment. Unfounded speculation, question asked several times already, complaint about waiting. Lolcat! Smilies x 5 or 6.

---
Signature!

Not really no. At the two flight schools at KAPA they pretty much provide you with students. The CFI's are still free lance though. You just pay them via check.
not really, APA flyers you're pretty on you own.
Anybody need a debonair checkout, lol.

Anyway, it's just not like a regular FBO where you hang out all day waiting for the noobs to walk in and pounce on them.

not really, APA flyers you're pretty on you own.
Anybody need a debonair checkout, lol.

Anyway, it's just not like a regular FBO where you hang out all day waiting for the noobs to walk in and pounce on them.

I fly out of APAflyers, and yeah that school your more on your own. But it seems all the CFI's i fly with have plenty of work and have to turn down more students then look for them.

What facility you hoping for philip? DEN?

I fly out of APAflyers, and yeah that school your more on your own. But it seems all the CFI's i fly with have plenty of work and have to turn down more students then look for them.

What facility you hoping for philip? DEN?

I never really wanted to teach there anyway so it wasn't a big deal to me, haven't had the time or $ to stay current or teach anyway.

200JJ sure is a nice airplane, and Tom is a hell of a nice guy to fly with though.

I already have my facility and a class date next month.

I never really wanted to teach there anyway so it wasn't a big deal to me, haven't had the time or $ to stay current or teach anyway.

200JJ sure is a nice airplane, and Tom is a hell of a nice guy to fly with though.

I already have my facility and a class date next month.

Congrats where you off too?

Back