Boeing IAM Strikes

frog_flyer

FredFlyer
Comon dudes. I'm a shareholder. Build some 787s and enjoy your 2500 bonus and your 34k raise you baboons!!!!!

IAM guys, Boeing probably will NOT pay penalties for missed deliveries due to a strike. Boeing can now blame any (already known, and further!) delays on the 787 on the strike. Outstanding. I haven't read too far in depth into their contact, but I guarandamntee they'll blame the upcoming 747-8 delays on this strike.

Good for them! I suggest talking to a Boeing worker and not relying on the "news".

Comon dudes

Comon dudes. I'm a shareholder. Build some 787s and enjoy your 2500 bonus and your 34k raise you baboons!!!!!

Baboons?

I suggest you walk through the planes on the factory floor and watch them construct those machines.

Re: Comon dudes

I'm faily certain that our associate Frog_Flyer here is being extremely cynical about the situation. Although, I agree cynicism is not needed at this juncture.

;)

Good for them! I suggest talking to a Boeing worker and not relying on the "news".

Baboons?

I suggest you walk through the planes on the factory floor and watch them construct those machines.

No. It is crap. For being a mostly uneducated group they are making way above the average!

The one thing that was bad against Boeing was trying to bargin directly through the employees and by passing the union

Yes I do know the whole story as well. My father is now the senior engineer on the 777F for Boeing. He started in the exact same place as these people striking. It's always a big discussion when the family gets together.

Take a poll of how many have undergraduate or graduate degrees and I know it will be fairly low.

That video is hilarious.

"If they give us another half ass--- err, mediocre offer..."

They do seem unified. The quote in the article about the 20 year old new hire who said he liked the contract, but voted to strike because it didn't help out the other guys as much. ALPA, take notes. Of course, it's easier to get money of out of a company that actually turns a profit!

I don't think they are uneducated. Honda is sending me to school for a year and a half to train me to build their airplane. I assume the Boeing workers had to be trained first before they went to work.

True they are educated in house. But the lack of a higher education elsewhere is why they don't deserve so much money.

Also because the company turns a profit doesn't mean they should give it all to the employees. The company saves the money for hard times and developing new projects. Nothing like killing your job security trying to take every penny from the company.

Also go to a factory during times before new contracts. It is amazing to see how childish these people can get. Welding and riviting jigs together isn't the best way to show the company you are displeased about the contract :rolleyes:

Riveting is a lot like roofing. You get paid a #### ton, and because of it everyone thinks your a crook. The best part is anyone out of or in high school will take your job because its a median pay of $75 an hour.

Reality is you have to be paid a lot because your gonna die at 55 or sooner because your body is torn to shreds.

My friend Bill made it to 52. Left behind a wife and 6 kids (4 of them hadn't finished high school yet).

True they are educated in house. But the lack of a higher education elsewhere is why they don't deserve so much money.

Also because the company turns a profit doesn't mean they should give it all to the employees. The company saves the money for hard times and developing new projects. Nothing like killing your job security trying to take every penny from the company.

Also go to a factory during times before new contracts. It is amazing to see how childish these people can get. Welding and riviting jigs together isn't the best way to show the company you are displeased about the contract :rolleyes:

Please, please, please don't ever become an airline pilot. "The company saves the money for hard times and developing new projects", if you believe that I've got a bridge for sale.

Am I the only one that wants my airplanes built by happy, well paid labor?

Just what we need...more people thinking like management so that the middle class of this country can continue to be treated like they are uneducated drones. Unfortunately, and thankfully for the rest of us. . .not all of us are going to share your view on how these people should be treated.

I'm still flabbergasted by your comment saying these guys are uneducated.

Words mean things, you said uneducated, not "take a poll and see how many have undergrad degrees."

Trust me, these people are very educated. . .it may not be in a liberal arts degree or whatever you would deem as qualifying education to be employed by Boeing, but Boeing hired these people under certain education requirements. . .and I'm sure it wasn't "High School Dropout Required."

Are you educated? What's your undergraduate degree in? Are you working towards a graduate degree? Or are you simply uneducated as well? You know, by your standards.

Please, please, please don't ever become an airline pilot. "The company saves the money for hard times and developing new projects", if you believe that I've got a bridge for sale.

No, you're not the only one. And I'm sure we're not in the minority.

These guys are worth every dime, have been, and always will be.

Unfrigginbelievable.

I'm honestly speechless at this guys comments. . .:rolleyes:

Kinda like how pilots act come contract time? Slowdowns, no open time pickup, "sick calls", taxing slowwwwwwwww, not to mention shooting for the moon (good for them - seriously!!) with the legacy payrates of the early 2000's. Your entire response is pretty much right on with how unions operate to get what they want. What was that quote from the UAL MEC? "We don't want to kill the golden goose, just squeeze all it's eggs out" or something like that.

And I agree with you, it is childish. But warranted as management acts just as bad if not worse hiding money, gigantic bonuses, golden parachutes, etc. People often point to certain union-less airlines "bringing down the market payrates" but those union payrates often aren't related to what the market will pay. Skybus, Virgin America, jetBlue are examples of current "market pay". Unfortunately.

It's a game, both sides play it.

Well the group I work for has a nice stockpile of money and looks like they will be able to ride out the downturn with very little changes.

The workers were happy! There were no complaints about the contract until the union said to strike. Most of the people there follow whatever the union will say. They'll strike for the end of time and not realize they have to be there working for the company so the company makes the money to in turn pay the employees. Do they realize the world economy is slowing down and it won't be this good during the duration of the contract? They'll have to give them the scissors because they won't be able to pay the contract. Just like all the first year pilots sipping the company kool-aide whatever someone else says they follow. Highly paid sheep.

Just what we need...more people thinking like management so that the middle class of this country can continue to be treated like they are uneducated drones. Unfortunately, and thankfully for the rest of us. . .not all of us are going to share your view on how these people should be treated.

I'm still flabbergasted by your comment saying these guys are uneducated.

Words mean things, you said uneducated, not "take a poll and see how many have undergrad degrees."

Trust me, these people are very educated. . .it may not be in a liberal arts degree or whatever you would deem as qualifying education to be employed by Boeing, but Boeing hired these people under certain education requirements. . .and I'm sure it wasn't "High School Dropout Required."

Are you educated? What's your undergraduate degree in? Are you working towards a graduate degree? Or are you simply uneducated as well? You know, by your standards.

No, you're not the only one. And I'm sure we're not in the minority.

These guys are worth every dime, have been, and always will be.

Unfrigginbelievable.

I'm honestly speechless at this guys comments. . .:rolleyes:

Well I am speaking the truth as hard as it is for you to stomach it about these people. As I said before my father used to be in the same position as these guys, uneducated with this being their only work within there company. He made some changes in life and now he is out of their position.

As for my education

I am a few credits short of a BS in Professional Aviation with a minor in Business Management and International Business
AAS in Professional/Technical for Commercial Aviation

All while working as a CFI and working for a local airline.

And don't get me wrong either as some of you are. I am not against unions at all. They serve a valuable purpose for those workers that do the job correctly.

The workers were happy! There were no complaints about the contract until the union said to strike.

So, do you or your dad have the Wilson polling data to back up that statement?
The few guys I've talked talked to said they are pissed and that most folks they know feel that way.

Most of the people there follow whatever the union will say.
That's called UNITY! It works the other way around actually. The workers tell the Union they want to strike.

They'll strike for the end of time and not realize they have to be there working for the company so the company makes the money to in turn pay the employees.
You just made the argument for the opposite as well. The company can't make money if the workers are not happy. Plain and simple. Show me one successful company with unhappy employees.

Do they realize the world economy is slowing down and it won't be this good during the duration of the contract? They'll have to give them the scissors because they won't be able to pay the contract.
Might be the reason why 11% is not enough. That is not enough to even cover inflation. So, in essence, it is a pay cut.

Just like all the first year pilots sipping the company kool-aide whatever someone else says they follow. Highly paid sheep.
Someone thinks highly of themselves.

Well I am speaking the truth as hard as it is for you to stomach it about these people.
Grammar? No, you are regurgitating management propaganda.

As I said before my father used to be in the same position as these guys, uneducated with this being their only work within there company. He made some changes in life and now he is out of their position.
So, as long as he gets his, right? Who cares about the rest.

As for my education

I am a few credits short of a BS in Professional Aviation with a minor in Business Management and International Business
AAS in Professional/Technical for Commercial Aviation
That and six bucks will get you a triple grande latte.

All while working as a CFI and working for a local airline.
Nothing any of us haven't done before. Make that four (yes, 4) CFI jobs, then you will impress me.

And don't get me wrong either as some of you are. I am not against unions at all. They serve a valuable purpose for those workers that do the job correctly.
Who gets to determine if they "do the job correctly"? Would you withhold representation from a dues paying member if you deemed that the job was not done to your satisfaction? An employee only gets representation if he/she passes a litmus test first?

Collective bargaining is an unfortunate business. Plenty of good people at Boeing on both sides of the table; hopefully they get this resolved quickly and amicably.

Back