RAH Cancels More Furloughs

MusketeerMan

23 more furloughs were canceled yesterday....so of the original 177 to be furloughed, we're down to about 120 furloughed, with hopefully more to come. That's great news for a few "f" members on this board...

Hey...I'll take any good news..

So you guys find out about this on a Sunday? Good news bud odd it came out on a weekend.

Nobody cared that it came out on a weekend...especially those 23 that had their furlough canceled. Odd? Sure...especially that it meant the head of crew planning was working on a weekend!!!

Great news! Hopefully we will get the other 120 or so back flying soon.
Min Sked No OT

Definitely agree on the scheduling techniques!!! I've once again been called for OT twice in the past week...

I have a feeling that those 120 will be called back sooner than we all think. I think BB has something in the works for the Denver birds. We have our hunches, but nothing to talk about...yet. (Hoping...)

Nobody cared that it came out on a weekend...especially those 23 that had their furlough canceled. Odd? Sure...especially that it meant the head of crew planning was working on a weekend!!!

Didnt say anyone would care. Just not a normal business routine to come out on a weekend. Its very odd, simply stating a fact. Of course its great news. Now lets just hope PSA/AWAC/Xjet and others at Mainline dont get cut as well. Many others we are all hoping get news.

Yeah - this type of news on a Sunday, the day of faith for many people. Maybe BB had a stern talking to from the man upstairs today about morality.

Great news! Hopefully we will get the other 120 or so back flying soon.
Min Sked No OT

Heck yeah!!

I've been called 3 times over the last week.

Them: "Lloyd, this is Richard from Scheduling and . . . "

Me: "I'm drunk. Call one of the pilots getting furloughed."

They never like that . . . hehehe.

Yeah - this type of news on a Sunday, the day of faith for many people. Maybe BB had a stern talking to from the man upstairs today about morality.

It was Saturday surreal...one day off...and I wasn't aware that BB was immoral...??? (Though I think you're just "trying" to poke fun)

Just because someone has a discussion about morality doesn't indicate they are immoral.

Wasn't aware the news came out on Sunday - my bad holmes. The thread was posted today - figured the news came out today.

Poke fun? To a certain degree, all management individuals need a little laughing out considering the state of the industry. Hell, we all do honestly.

Didnt say anyone would care. Just not a normal business routine to come out on a weekend. Its very odd, simply stating a fact. Of course its great news. Now lets just hope PSA/AWAC/Xjet and others at Mainline dont get cut as well. Many others we are all hoping get news.
why odd? maybe they want to show they're working hard on trying not to furlough? if the news came from the CP, then i could see that ringing true...

why odd? maybe they want to show they're working hard on trying not to furlough? if the news came from the CP, then i could see that ringing true...

Ok topic off from what matters. Simply put its odd that this news came out on a weekend. But apparenlty odd things come out of the headquarters here in Indy for them. Back to topic its great news period.

Heck yeah!!

I've been called 3 times over the last week.

Them: "Lloyd, this is Richard from Scheduling and . . . "

Me: "I'm drunk. Call one of the pilots getting furloughed."

They never like that . . . hehehe.

Had a similar call a couple weeks ago...

Them: "Hey we got a great trip starting tomorrow would you be interested."

Me: "No, but if you move just a little bit farther down the seniority list I'm sure you will have more luck" Click...

:D

Back