Malaga, Spain

FlyingSig

Nice sleepy town. For the ER peeps on the board that haven't been there, bid the 4 day instead of the 3 day... don't get to the hotel until around 1pm so by the time you get your nap, you missed prime beach time. Very affordable layover as well... most stops had beer for 2 euro.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingsig/sets/72157606854343690/

2782026352_0679889428.jpg

2781171547_c8420fd375.jpg

2782077518_25de1ac129.jpg

2782132774_12fdd0c720.jpg

2782198160_11d5c650ac.jpg

2781288361_d99816ece5.jpg

Very nice!

I've been awarded two 4-day Malagas. Sick for one, some cretin took the other one because of some silly need for a TOE.

Not sure if you like sherry Doug....but if you are in Spain you MUST try Tio Pepe.... it's the only one worth drinking and a great find if you can get to some :)

I did my last JFK ER trip with that captain. Super cool guy. He never had children so his "kids" are his Catalina and DC-3. But, he just sold the PBY and he doesn't yet know if he'll get anything else. Good stories about Northeast and Pan Am too.

Yes, very nice guy.... interesting crew too (for a DAL crew anyway)... all 3 of us were civilian, and all 3 of our Dad's were airline pilots as well.

450D

Sig -

Great pictures as always.

Do you use a filter on the XSi?

I'm considering getting a polarizing filter; I have a UV filter right now if for no other reason than to protect the lens.

All of these just had a UV filter on them.... I use a florescent filter indoors but I don't have a polarizing filter yet (really should get one since I take most of my pictures outside).

Not sure if you like sherry Doug....but if you are in Spain you MUST try Tio Pepe.... it's the only one worth drinking and a great find if you can get to some :)

Spanish export almost all the sweet desert sherrys like oloroso, crema, pedro ximenez. Very little of it stays in Spain.

They drink the dry white aperitif sherries like Manzanilla de San Lucar or Fino.

Tio Pepe is Fino, and there are many Finos worth drinking. The three cities of the Sherry triangle, San Lucar, El Puerto de Santa Maria and Jerez have their "ferias" depending on Semana Santa in the Spring. Go if you get a chance. But sherry hangovers are the worst...

Spanish export almost all the sweet desert sherrys like oloroso, crema, pedro ximenez. Very little of it stays in Spain.

They drink the dry white aperitif sherries like Manzanilla de San Lucar or Fino.

Tio Pepe is Fino, and there are many Finos worth drinking. The three cities of the Sherry triangle, San Lucar, El Puerto de Santa Maria and Jerez have their "ferias" depending on Semana Santa in the Spring. Go if you get a chance. But sherry hangovers are the worst...

good to know! And yes sherry hang overs are no good...

Speaking of malaga and andalucian libations. San Miguel is brewed in Malaga. It is only slighty better than Cruz Campo. For a nice Andalus beer ya gotta try Alhambra. Mahou from up north is very nice too.

Back