Something to watch for CJC pilots...

Airdale

...A storm is brewing with the IBT, "Teamsters". They just might be representing one less airline in the future.

Something to think about during your Union drive. Vote ALPA! :)

...A storm is brewing with the IBT, "Teamsters". They just might be representing one less airline in the future.

This said by the worst kind of atheist "AMEN BROTHER" Vote ALPA Colgan!!!! We need a real union. One that specializes in Airline Pilots, not a Wal-Mart union.

What airline? I hope its horizon. I'm tired of hearing "we need ibt because they know how to get good rates for the q, look at Horizon". I'd rather have a combo of good work rules and pay, then only pay and no work rules. It's not fun to have money with no quality of life.

Im sick of hearing "Teamsters charge less, so why would I go to ALPA?"

You think that's bad? You should hear some of the idiots at my company that are anti-ALPA and we actually pay more in dues to our independent union than ALPA charges. We pay more, and get less. Hell of a deal. :sarcasm:

So the RAH guys are finally getting fed up with teamsters huh? This would be great news if this is the case and you all can get ALPA on property. I think it'd do you all great!

I won't go into too much detail, but lets just say our local IBT Chairman announced that he will be quietly trying to make an exit from the stage due to pressure from the pilot group about what exactly the IBT is doing for our JOB PROTECTION.

When two pilots get fired for statements made by pimple-faced kids working a summer job at a hotel, you seriously have to ask "What does our Union do for us?". This isn't the only thing. Our company continually walks on our CBA and does what they please, its clearly obvious that our Union has no leverage what so ever with the company, other than maybe a few I scratch your back you scratch mine. We're in contract negotiations, the MEC has advised his plans to step down from the position - this is the perfect time to overthrow this TRUCK DRIVER union.

We need real representation by a real union for pilots. I don't care what arguments you have against ALPA and how the Airways pilots got peepee in their cheerios, but ALPA is the best option for Airline pilots. Period. Thats all I'll say...;)

So is it just the MEC chair stepping down or are we talking full-on decertification action? They're two totally different things. You can be unhappy with the leadership and keep the union. Personally, I'd love to see RAH come into the ALPA fold, but I just wanna make sure we've got all the facts straight before everyone gets excited.

So is it just the MEC chair stepping down or are we talking full-on decertification action? They're two totally different things. You can be unhappy with the leadership and keep the union. Personally, I'd love to see RAH come into the ALPA fold, but I just wanna make sure we've got all the facts straight before everyone gets excited.

The discontent lies with the IBT, not necessarily the local leadership. Although the elected leadership is catching the flak full face, unfortunately they will just be collateral damage. There is plenty talk about decertification of the Teamsters and maybe, just maybe, there are few who are actually taking the reins to get it started. The problem is, we have a lot of pilots. There is no way a network can be formed to throw out the IBT without affording some sort of protection to those who are organizing the drive.

ALPA is the primary candidate to put in place in addition to an in house union. I've made the argument against in house as many others have. We would have less power with an in house union. Problem is we've got some squeaky wheel senior pilots that listen too much to the Airways pilots about ALPA. It would be a tough battle, but lets see if people actually have the cohones to make a move. Too bad I'm getting furloughed, but maybe I'll strike a match before I leave. ;)

I am too new to the company to know what is really going on, but I hear a lot of discontent from the captains I fly with at RAH. It will be interesting to see what happens, if anything happens at all...

if anything happens at all...

Thats the problem. People are too scared and too lazy to do what they feel is right. Thats why we need a select group of pilots to step forward and stand up for this group. I just might know who that group of pilots is and lets keep our fingers crossed that this goes through. No more threats from the IBT, not when we get ALPA behind us. That group of pilots has already pressured the MEC to step away. Just keep your eye on the horizon...these things take time.

Back