Efficiency Scores.

Ammolite

Hi,

I've seen mention of a few people with low efficiency scores on the AT-SAT still coming out with strong overall scores.

What was yours like, and what was your final score?

I have not received mine yet, but feel quite depressed after the whole ordeal. I felt so confident after dials/math/scan/angles (doubt I got 100%, but still feel I did well), then felt humbled by the awareness questions on the letter factory (a few were reasonable, but I had to guess on most), and wanted to cry after I kept getting low efficiency scores on the ATC scenarios. I didn't crash too many (lol) planes, or have too many errors, but apparently, I was doing poorly, as my scores were all extremely low. Sometimes, it would say, "You landed 29/30 planes", and list like one separation error, and one crash, then give me a 56.

The only thing I can think of that may have ruined my score is that I often clicked on a plane I didn't need to do anything with, just out of habit, and then clicked the SAME level or speed it was already on, so I could de-select, and move on to another plane.

Someone fill me in?

I don't know how the scores are calculated, but somethings are taken into calculation. I mean, I crashed one plane and also had 1 seperation error, but I did make up for it with 2 +90 efficient so, as long as you did fine and above average, you should be fine. Don't worry about it too much. You'll know soon enough, I got my score like the day after I took the test.

I crashed 1 plane and had a couple separation errors, had a 90+, 2 in the mid 80's and a high 70 if I remember right. I doubt they weight it very heavily.

I got a 93, 83, and a 63.

No crashes, maybe 4 or 5 separation errors. On each scenario I had at least 1 plane that didn't get to land, because I'd run out of time. They were always *justthisclose* arrrrgh!

There were 4 sections, though, right?

I must have missed my score on one of them.

I think the efficiency scores are calculated by how quickly you get your plane to the destination. So if you have the planes always on fast and use the diagonals to get them to places quicker, the score is highest.

Hi,

I've seen mention of a few people with low efficiency scores on the AT-SAT still coming out with strong overall scores.

What was yours like, and what was your final score?

I have not received mine yet, but feel quite depressed after the whole ordeal. I felt so confident after dials/math/scan/angles (doubt I got 100%, but still feel I did well), then felt humbled by the awareness questions on the letter factory (a few were reasonable, but I had to guess on most), and wanted to cry after I kept getting low efficiency scores on the ATC scenarios. I didn't crash too many (lol) planes, or have too many errors, but apparently, I was doing poorly, as my scores were all extremely low. Sometimes, it would say, "You landed 29/30 planes", and list like one separation error, and one crash, then give me a 56.

The only thing I can think of that may have ruined my score is that I often clicked on a plane I didn't need to do anything with, just out of habit, and then clicked the SAME level or speed it was already on, so I could de-select, and move on to another plane.

As with many discussions about AT-SAT scoring on here, we're probably going to have to rely on speculation. For what it's worth, I had efficiency scores in the 90's on the first three (900 second) scenarios, but landed 100% on the last one.

As pleased as I was with that, it threw me for a loop, because I was under the impression that the efficiency score was based largely upon the time you took to get planes to their destinations. You'll recall that the screen shown after each scenario listed crashes, procedural errors, and then a time count (right before the efficiency score), with the first number being the shortest possible amount of time and the second being the amount that you just took.

Unfortunately, it never included any discussion of what those times were used for, if anything, so I took that to be how the efficiency was determined. Seemed logical enough -- the initial number would be how long it would take if every command was given perfectly, with no room for error, and the second one was your own time for comparison. But to score 100% efficiency would mean that the times would have to have been equal (according to my former theory), and while I was pretty close to it, that wasn't the case.

In other words, the means by which efficiency was calculated was never made clear. With that said, I don't think that repeating directions to planes in the way you describe has anything to do with it; I did that a few times in the last scenario myself.

I have no idea how that efficiency score is calculated. I ran a couple PERFECT scenarios (aimed everyone at the gate immediately, kept them high and fast until the last second) and came out with some 60% scores. That still bugs me to this day. Maybe I broke it :nana2:

I got two 100s, a 96, and the first scenario i mucked up, didn't notice the direction of landing. I believe that one was in the 50s or 60s. For my 100s both times were faster than the best time or minimum time whatever they call it. I don't know how they figure that because I didn't feel perfect on everything. Final ATSAT 97.5

I crashed 2 planes and had a few separation errors, 2 scores in the 50s and 2 in the 90s. I ended up with a 100 on AT-SAT so i guess as long as you dont completely screw up and nail all the other parts you will do well.

I have no idea how that efficiency score is calculated. I ran a couple PERFECT scenarios (aimed everyone at the gate immediately, kept them high and fast until the last second) and came out with some 60% scores. That still bugs me to this day. Maybe I broke it :nana2:
What was your final score, if you don't mind me asking?

I believe all of my scores were in the 50-60 range, despite using the diagonal directions properly, assigning flight levels and speeds properly (fast until last second), etc.

Is there a chance I might still be "well-qualified"?

What was your final score, if you don't mind me asking?

I believe all of my scores were in the 50-60 range, despite using the diagonal directions properly, assigning flight levels and speeds properly (fast until last second), etc.

Is there a chance I might still be "well-qualified"?

I had scores ranging from 60-90 as I recall, shoot maybe even lower. It has been a month so I don't recall perfectly. In fact, the one I thought I did the best on yielded the lowest score...go figure. However I still wound up getting 100 so I wouldn't stress about it(even though I did until I got my score).

I scored a 97 on the AT-SAT.

I felt extremely confident on the math, angles, dials, scan, and letter factory. I would say I scored near 100% on all of those. The letter factory awareness questions were tough but I'd say I got most of them. Maybe missed a few. I DID however miss one box where the computer put it down for me on the letter factory.

On the ATC scenario test I didn't crash anything but my "efficiency" scores were all around 80%. I had very little if any seperation errors. My biggest problem was timing. I didn't ONCE land all the planes. I was always 1 short and in one case I was two planes short of the complete total.

With all this, I still received a 97.

My idea of it would be that you can excel and fail in certain areas. As long as it equals out I imagine you will do okay.

this is exactly what happened to me

I don't remember my exact scores anymore, but they're floating around this forum somewhere. I had 3 in the mid-80s and 1 was 56 or something in that area (one crash, one other separation error).

My ATSAT is 100, I never crashed an airplane during the test, but did crash during the practice. I had errors, for sending airplanes to fast into the airports.

My score got better every test, 70, 80's, then 98. I never finished on time, but did land every airplane.

The best way I found to keep the airplanes apart was to put the airplanes at different levels for there des airports or gates. Turn the airplanes toward there des and fast as they pop up.

This was the section of the test I got in trouble for laughing too much!:p

It seems like everyone who did well received two poor and two strong scores.

The 7-second delay aspect really screwed me over.
I studied with the jeremy justice version, and was handing off and landing all planes without any problems, but I had not realized that timing was such a big deal.
I wasn't running any of my planes on slow (until the last second, for landings); I guess they just could've taken better routes or something. Perhaps, I spent a bit too much time posturing each plane for landing/hand-offs, because the J.J. version was so sensitive to margins. I don't know.

I know that I always landed all but one plane in every scenario but one, which was two planes. Do you think that might be weighted more heavily than the timing itself? Or the errors/crashes? The girl across from me jumped convulsively every five seconds, as she crashed plane after plane. I don't know how many I crashed, but I'd say 3. One was from not noticing the direction of landing the first go-around, another was because a plane got one move too close to an airport, and another went off the screen. I think I had two separation errors. I wish the practice questions were included, because I did well on two of them.

I know for a fact that I missed most of the awareness questions for the letter factory. I got a few each time, but there were still quite a bunch that I had to guess on. I think that I got all of the dials right, and hopefully, angles, too. Math was alright, I believe. Analogies -- I think I got a good portion of them, but know I guessed on a few.

Guess I better start getting used to the idea of packing groceries.

It seems like everyone who did well received two poor and two strong scores.

The 7-second delay aspect really screwed me over.
I studied with the jeremy justice version, and was handing off and landing all planes without any problems, but I had not realized that timing was such a big deal.
I wasn't running any of my planes on slow (until the last second, for landings); I guess they just could've taken better routes or something. Perhaps, I spent a bit too much time posturing each plane for landing/hand-offs, because the J.J. version was so sensitive to margins. I don't know.

I know that I always landed all but one plane in every scenario but one, which was two planes. Do you think that might be weighted more heavily than the timing itself? Or the errors/crashes? The girl across from me jumped convulsively every five seconds, as she crashed plane after plane. I don't know how many I crashed, but I'd say 3. One was from not noticing the direction of landing the first go-around, another was because a plane got one move too close to an airport, and another went off the screen. I think I had two separation errors. I wish the practice questions were included, because I did well on two of them.

I know for a fact that I missed most of the awareness questions for the letter factory. I got a few each time, but there were still quite a bunch that I had to guess on. I think that I got all of the dials right, and hopefully, angles, too. Math was alright, I believe. Analogies -- I think I got a good portion of them, but know I guessed on a few.

Guess I better start getting used to the idea of packing groceries.

I crashed 3...in the last part.. I'm betting you did better than you think. Its normal to feel like you did worse than you did. Fact is....92% pass the test according to the faa...:rawk: you did fine...

otherwise...I'l take plastic please....and yes, I do need help to the car...

I crashed 3...in the last part.. I'm betting you did better than you think. Its normal to feel like you did worse than you did. Fact is....92% pass the test according to the faa...:rawk: you did fine...

otherwise...I'l take plastic please....and yes, I do need help to the car...

Thank you for the reassurance. Here's hoping.

I feel like this section of the test is weighted very lightly compared to the overall test.
Example: I crashed 2 planes, my effiency scores were 56, 61, 67 and 81 (yes, a HIGH of 81 lol) and still did fine on the test.
I don't understand how this excercise has anything to do with the ability to control aircraft (as much as math and angles do) but it is more of a video game.

Back