American 767 winglets

Re: American 767 winlets

Those are huge. I always wondered how they got those on. :)

Yeah, and they have the strobe light at the top, much like the 757s.

Looks like a government project: 5 guys working, 5 guys watching 5 guys working.

Looks like a government project: 5 guys working, 5 guys watching 5 guys working.
I count six watching. there is half a face hiding behind one of the other watchers.

Edit for Correction: 7 watching, didnt scroll over to the right.

I count six watching. there is half a face hiding behind one of the other watchers.

Edit for Correction: 7 watching, didnt scroll over to the right.

Actually, nine guys are watching. Fourteen guys total, five working, nine watching.

Actually, nine guys are watching. Fourteen guys total, five working, nine watching.

My bad, your right.

Hey- Now here's an idea! They should furlough the nine guys watching. If an engineer makes, say, $100k a year they could save a ton of money.

The thread title? I noticed it right after I posted it. Unfortunately, once you start a thread, you can't change its title, so that sucks. Stupid typo...

no my typo lol, I saw what you said about it in a later post;)

The reason you haven't seen these on a 767 is because this is the very first prototype. It should start the flight test portion of the STC this week. Also 970flyer, your not so very funny with the comments on furloughs. We are actually facing a large one so there are many guys who won't find any humor in your suggestion of a layoff.

Hahh i was reading over on a.net that someone said "it looks like a suped up 737..."

They are so silly over there.

But these will deff help in efficiency.

Cool find :)

Robbie

Also 970flyer, your not so very funny with the comments on furloughs. We are actually facing a large one so there are many guys who won't find any humor in your suggestion of a layoff.

By no means did I intend to offend and I apologize to anyone who may have taken my comment the wrong way. I way aiming more at the inefficiencies of the airlines and not at anyone who may loose their job. I've been laid off too. It isn't fun, but it is part of living in a capitaist society.

That being said.....

One of the interesting parts of our society these days is that the most recent generation (those under 30) tend to take things very seriously. Long gone are the days of being able to speak freely without, it seems, offending someone. Back when I was in my teens I had never heard of this "politically correct" term. I don't think that anyone had. We can no longer laugh at ourselves, those around us, or a situation we might be in. It just isn't "right" to do so.

Older generations still tend to speak without being as guarded about whom they may offend. A good example is my mom, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Her first comment to the doctor: "Take 'em off, they never made me any money anyhow." I don't think that you would ever hear such a comment from a younger person who was just told that they have cancer.

Being someone between the two generations has allowed me to see both sides very clearly. Knowing that this board is primarily the younger generation I try to be carefull of what I say, but sometimes I forget to think before I talk or write. That is why I never thought twice about suggesting that American Airlines furlough a few engineers to save a buck.

970Flyer thanks for the apology. I took your comment wrong in the first place. Just for everyones info, the Kansas City base where this work is being performed has no AMT's with less than 20 years senority (the younger crowd we are not). The majority of the 20-22 year men have just returned in 2007 from a layoff in 2005 only to be faced with it again this September. We should know better, but God bless our souls, we are just a bunch of old aviation #####s!

Cool pics, thanks for sharing! Interesting related note is AA actually fabricates their own winglets "in house" under license from Boeing. They realized they could make them, and install them cheaper then they could buy them from Boeing believe it or not...

Back