American 767 winglets

Re: American 767 winlets

Cool pics, thanks for sharing! Interesting related note is AA actually fabricates their own winglets "in house" under license from Boeing. They realized they could make them, and install them cheaper then they could buy them from Boeing believe it or not...

Yea? That's cool, I never knew that....bet they save a ton of moolah.

I still can't picture the 767 w/winglets....I'll have to wait for the wide angle shots, but if the 75 is any indication, they'll rock.

Yea? That's cool, I never knew that....bet they save a ton of moolah.

I still can't picture the 767 w/winglets....I'll have to wait for the wide angle shots, but if the 75 is any indication, they'll rock.

Yeah, I'm sure that they'll look sweet too. Can't wait to see these in the air on the 76'.

Cool pics, thanks for sharing! Interesting related note is AA actually fabricates their own winglets "in house" under license from Boeing. They realized they could make them, and install them cheaper then they could buy them from Boeing believe it or not...

Ja, CNBC did a thingy on AA a few years back and had said that they can make them in-house for around $33,000 vs. buying them from Boeing for $200,000.

That's pretty cool. I always wondered how they went on, too. I like the guy strapped into the harness...

By no means did I intend to offend and I apologize to anyone who may have taken my comment the wrong way. I way aiming more at the inefficiencies of the airlines and not at anyone who may loose their job. I've been laid off too. It isn't fun, but it is part of living in a capitaist society.

That being said.....

One of the interesting parts of our society these days is that the most recent generation (those under 30) tend to take things very seriously. Long gone are the days of being able to speak freely without, it seems, offending someone. Back when I was in my teens I had never heard of this "politically correct" term. I don't think that anyone had. We can no longer laugh at ourselves, those around us, or a situation we might be in. It just isn't "right" to do so.

Older generations still tend to speak without being as guarded about whom they may offend. A good example is my mom, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Her first comment to the doctor: "Take 'em off, they never made me any money anyhow." I don't think that you would ever hear such a comment from a younger person who was just told that they have cancer.

Being someone between the two generations has allowed me to see both sides very clearly. Knowing that this board is primarily the younger generation I try to be carefull of what I say, but sometimes I forget to think before I talk or write. That is why I never thought twice about suggesting that American Airlines furlough a few engineers to save a buck.
I'll agree with you on this one. It's starting to get ridiculous and people need to lighten up (no, that was not a jab at anyone here, in particular, just people in general, around the world).
As for the text in bold, the younger people would sue the doctor for ruining their life by diagnosing their cancer and not putting it as lightly as possible.

That's pretty cool. I always wondered how they went on, too. I like the guy strapped into the harness...

I'll agree with you on this one. It's starting to get ridiculous and people need to lighten up (no, that was not a jab at anyone here, in particular, just people in general, around the world).
As for the text in bold, the younger people would sue the doctor for ruining their life by diagnosing their cancer and not putting it as lightly as possible.
Good point, this idea could be applied in many areas and ways such as the way some people refer to example, Go Jet and other regional employees.

Back