ExpressJet Holdings to close ExpressJet Airlines Sept 2 2008

100LLguy

HOUSTON, July 8, 2008 --ExpressJet Holdings (NYSEXJT - News) ExpressJet's ExpressJet Airlines will cease operations on September 2, 2008.

ExpressJet Holdings operates several divisions designed to leverage the management experience, efficiencies and economies of scale present in its subsidiaries, including ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. and ExpressJet Services, LLC. ExpressJet Airlines serves 175 destinations in North America and the Caribbean with approximately 1,500 departures per day. Operations include capacity purchase and pro-rate agreements for mainline carriers; providing clients customized 50-seat charter options; and ExpressJet branded flying, providing non-stop service to markets concentrated in the West, Midwest and Southeast regions of the United States. ExpressJet Services is the North American partner to three major European original equipment manufacturers and provides composite, sheet metal, interior and thrust reverser repairs throughout five facilities in the United States. For more information, visit ExpressJet.

Re: ExpressJet Holdings to close ExpressJet Airlines Sept 2

Jesus ####ing Christ.

And Clocks, no. . .you guys are just #### buddies. Don't even try to go gay on us.

39 airplanes getting parked at the beginning of September.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080708/latu095.html?.v=101

ExpressJet Airlines suspends branded commercial operations HOUSTON, July 8 /PRNewswire/

-- ExpressJet Airlines announced today that it will suspend flying under several lines of its at-risk flying operations in September 2008. ExpressJet mutually agreed to terminate its agreements with Delta Air Lines effective September 1, 2008 and will cease its branded (XE) commercial passenger flight operations on September 2, 2008. The 39 aircraft currently used in these operations will be among those returned to the lessor no later than June 2009.
b

ExpressJet Airlines will continue flying a fleet of 205 aircraft as Continental Express to more than 150 destinations, as well as continue to serve charter customers with a fleet of 30 aircraft through ExpressJet Corporate Aviation.

"On behalf of everyone at ExpressJet Airlines, I would like to express our gratitude to the communities that provided such a warm welcome and were always supportive of our branded service," said Jim Ream, President and Chief Executive Officer. "If we had any other choice, we would not take this difficult action. However, rising fuel prices has made the operation impossible to sustain."

Tickets on ExpressJet Airlines for travel prior to September 2 will not be affected. In fact, ExpressJet will continue selling tickets for any customers desiring travel prior to September 2. Tickets are available for purchase online at http://www.expressjet.com, by calling 888.958.XJET (9538), and through most travelers' preferred providers, including travel agents and online distributors.

Customers holding tickets for a flight after September 1, 2008 should contact ExpressJet Reservations at 888-958-XJET (9538) to request a refund. Effective immediately, ExpressJet will stop selling tickets for travel beyond September 2, 2008. For more information, contact ExpressJet Reservations at 888-958-XJET (9538).

About ExpressJet

ExpressJet Holdings (NYSE: XJT - News) operates several divisions designed to leverage the management experience, efficiencies and economies of scale present in its subsidiaries, including ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. and ExpressJet Services, LLC. ExpressJet Airlines serves numerous destinations in North America and the Caribbean through its partnership with Continental Airlines, Inc. and corporate aviation division. ExpressJet Services is the North American partner to three major European original equipment manufacturers and provides composite, sheet metal, interior and thrust reverser repairs throughout five facilities in the United States. For more information, visit http://www.expressjet.com.

Good luck fellas

<--------EWRs newest FO!!!

Hey Jtrain, which captains should I try to avoid?? What are the jetway codes? Where can I get ATIS cards??

You can have my ATIS cards, I ain't gonna need em soon!

Mexican beer and a bag of Jack in Da Box is on the menu tonite. This totally sucks. Any idea what the "F" numbers gonna be?

400+ according a union rep I chatted with.

I feel for all the XJT guys. I ate at Good Eats tonight only to get the news.

Honestly, I am speechless.

See Ya! Off to the next adventure...maybe, Funeral Home Director; where business is always steady.

I feel for all the XJT guys. I ate at Good Eats tonight only to get the news.

Honestly, I am speechless.

Man, eating at good eats will make you wish you were getting furloughed. lol. Fond memories of that place.

Oh well, glad my logbook is up to date.

Balls. :mad:

OMFG.

I actually checked the date, and hoped this was a joke......

Oh guys, I don't even know what to say :(

Edit: The original post was a bit confusing, I read it as XJet was shutting down in entirety. But reading a press release from ExpressJet.com it's just the loss of the DL connection flying and ceasing of the branded operation, but the flying as Continental Express will still continue? Yes, it's late and I need sleep..........

Back