CHQ and UAL split

Perhaps they need to be sold.... thus no planes are heading any where right now with the way things are.

Maybe it's just that today is a day off and hence my brain is running in power saver mode, but that made no sense to me.

From what I remember, the 145 contract between CHQ and United was up in 2009 anyways, so it looks like they are just choosing not to renew it. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes out to bid under different terms and CHQ maybe even keeps the flying.

I don't see how express flying could possibly grow with United any time soon. Less mainline airplanes = less airplanes for the regionals to feed.

Maybe it's just that today is a day off and hence my brain is running in power saver mode, but that made no sense to me.

From what I remember, the 145 contract between CHQ and United was up in 2009 anyways, so it looks like they are just choosing not to renew it. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes out to bid under different terms and CHQ maybe even keeps the flying.

Perhaps this is true. The planes up in PIT with the Frontier colors probably are not moving any where soon. Thus they probably need to be sold to save money with the current state of reductions at all carriers right now. Dont know if it can be put any other way.

I don't see how express flying could possibly grow with United any time soon. Less mainline airplanes = less airplanes for the regionals to feed.

I read it in the news that UAL was going to increase Express while decreasing mainline flying. I originaly read about the extra flying on another forum and spent about a half hour pouring over on line news articals until I came across it. All the news was focusing on grounding all the 737's and the 950 furloughs, not the small blurb in the press release about more Express flying. It seems that they are simply replacing some of the mainline flights with regional flying. This is nothing new as all the mainlines have done this (pre-fuel problems).

Also, Gojet (United Express only) is getting 8 new CRJ700 for "extra Express flying". This is right from the horses mouth. He also confirmed the above.

I was afraid of being asked this. I can;t remember his name. Not the COO Leach, but the top dog on the Gojet side (Not TSA).

I read it in the news that UAL was going to increase Express while decreasing mainline flying. I originaly read about the extra flying on another forum and spent about a half hour pouring over on line news articals until I came across it. All the news was focusing on grounding all the 737's and the 950 furloughs, not the small blurb in the press release about more Express flying. It seems that they are simply replacing some of the mainline flights with regional flying. This is nothing new as all the mainlines have done this (pre-fuel problems).

Also, Gojet (United Express only) is getting 8 new CRJ700 for "extra Express flying". This is right from the horses mouth. He also confirmed the above.

From what I understand they are eliminating Ted service and fitting the Ted 320s with 1st class and parking the gas guzzlers. Do you have a source in regards to the press release?

We've now reached a point in this business where regional airplanes don't need to feed mainline airplanes anymore. Regionals are so big that regional airplanes now feed other regional airplanes. The UAL 737s are getting sent to the desert, meanwhile UAL Express is planned to grow by at least 10%. Ridiculous situation.

From what I understand they are eliminating Ted service and fitting the Ted 320s with 1st class and parking the gas guzzlers. Do you have a source in regards to the press release?

If was vary hard to find amoung all the United news and I should have saved the link. But I did'nt and I don't want to do the long search again. I did find this artical however that came out today that goes along with what I said. http://www.redorbit.com/news/business/1466849/united_ending_flights/

8th paragraph daown says;
"Under its reorganization plan, United will take 100 larger aircrafts - such as Boeing 737s - out of service and replace them with smaller regional jets in some major metropolitan areas where they plan to maintain service. They'll get those smaller, 50- passenger planes from routes serving regional airports like Bloomington's, Olson said."

Here is another one http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-palmdale18-2008jun18,0,5330256.story

Second Paragragh; "Officials for Los Angeles World Airports announced Tuesday that United, the only commercial carrier at the airport, would increase daily flights from two to four and replace its current 50-seat regional jets with 30-seat turboprops, adding 20% more capacity."

This increases pilots needed but not so much of an increrses in ASM's.

Back