If you did not get picked for the Feb OTS read this

I sent an email to the FAA inquiring why I was not selected for this announcement even though I scored a 97 on the AT-SAT and I have the 3 years of required work experience listed from July 2004-Present, which is almost 4 years now. In the response from the FAA I was told my experience was calculated incorrectly during "proof-reading" of the applications and was only given credit for 2 years and 8 months. Even so it's too late now to be included with the other applicants for the February announcement, so for any of you that did not get picked I would advise you to follow up and make sure it was not due to this "error".

I had a similar occurrence when applying last summer, initially ASAP said I was eligible to take the AS-SAT. I was never contacted and when I talked to Maggie in OKC she said that upon further review I didn't meet the hiring requirements. Knowing that I had a 4 year degree and 2 years of full time work experience I asked her what the requirements were and she explained them. I told her I had the 4 year degree (130 semester credits) but had finished it in 3 years of schooling and she said that is probably why it was not accounted for but that I was eligible to take the test for the FEBOTS announcement that initially I wasn't picked to test for. Needless to say it all was figured out and nearly a year to the day of originally applying I was picked for a PEPC!

I sent an email to the FAA inquiring why I was not selected for this announcement even though I scored a 97 on the AT-SAT and I have the 3 years of required work experience listed from July 2004-Present, which is almost 4 years now. In the response from the FAA I was told my experience was calculated incorrectly during "proof-reading" of the applications and was only given credit for 2 years and 8 months. Even so it's too late now to be included with the other applicants for the February announcement, so for any of you that did not get picked I would advise you to follow up and make sure it was not due to this "error".
Who did you email?

I was told that all I can do is wait for the panel thats meeting in August for the May OTS to meet before I'll know anything else. I sent an email to the generic address listed on the FAA website and got a reply from Micki. I just hope this mistake does not happen again.

Can I clarify something? I suggested through my work experience that the hours I had were altogether different every week (internships, bartending, etc). Some weeks it was 20, others 60, so I decided to put 35 hours a week. Also, since I attained a masters degree, this can be considered achieving, or satisfying the requirements, no? So, riddle me this, giving them the benefit of the doubt, thus lumping all my work exp as part time I officially have 32 months of work exp, 45 months of education, and a 95 on the ATSAT, and I was not picked (or about 6 years + of education/work exp). I'm not quite sure what reapplying is going to do for me.

Can I clarify something? I suggested through my work experience that the hours I had were altogether different every week (internships, bartending, etc). Some weeks it was 20, others 60, so I decided to put 35 hours a week. Also, since I attained a masters degree, this can be considered achieving, or satisfying the requirements, no? So, riddle me this, giving them the benefit of the doubt, thus lumping all my work exp as part time I officially have 32 months of work exp, 45 months of education, and a 95 on the ATSAT, and I was not picked (or about 6 years + of education/work exp). I'm not quite sure what reapplying is going to do for me.

Do you have any background in aviation? Just because they didn't pick you this go round, doesn't mean you should give up! If this is something you would REALLY love to do as a career, then...if it were me...I'd have a new application in the day the new postings come out! Good luck! :D

What were your geographical preferences?
Are you a male or a female?
What is your race?
Do you know someone in the FAA who is a controller or works for Human Relations?
Do you have any aviation experience?

What were your geographical preferences?
Are you a male or a female?
What is your race?
Do you know someone in the FAA who is a controller or works for Human Relations?

Wow, ok quick responses, I appreciate that. I'm a male, I'm white, I picked NY/NJ, and as evidenced by these very forums, I've read people (unless they're lying) have gotten invites to this area with either slightly higher scores, or lower, with absolutely NO aviation experience. I don't know anyone personally who works for the FAA.

As stated many times in these forums, there have been many people selected who HAVE no AVIATION experience. If this is the case, I really cannot see a reason to as why I was not selected for at least an interview.

Wow, ok quick responses, I appreciate that. I'm a male, I'm white, I picked NY/NJ, and as evidenced by these very forums, I've read people (unless they're lying) have gotten invites to this area with either slightly higher scores, or lower, with absolutely NO aviation experience. I don't know anyone personally who works for the FAA.

As stated many times in these forums, there have been many people selected who HAVE no AVIATION experience. If this is the case, I really cannot see a reason to as why I was not selected for at least an interview.

Well you are in the same boat as me... White, male, picked GA/TX (terminal), 100 AT SAT score, and have no aviation experience. I met all of the requirements, as did you, and I didn't hear anything from the June panels.

Hey, to all that weren't selected; is there anybody that I could speak to in person that could give me a better understanding as to why I was not selected?

Hey, to all that weren't selected; is there anybody that I could speak to in person that could give me a better understanding as to why I was not selected?

You could call or e-mail whoever is in charge of Human Relations for the state(s) you selected.

I am a white male, and I am 6 credits away from graduating with a bachelor's in Aeronautics and a minor in ATC. I also have many years of work experience. I applied to the OTS announcement just to try and get a head start on the process and hopefully be done with school by the time I started. It is a mystery to me as to why I wasn't chosen for this particular posting (seeing how people that have no aviation experience were emailed).

I think it's a crap shoot guys.

I have an associates degree, no aviation experience, but 3 years work experience and scored 100 on the AT-SAT. I was selected.

I also have an IQ of 48 and doctors will say that I am what most people would call "Mentally retarded"

Just a question for you guys that weren't selected... I was curious what your ages were. I know its the government and they do many things that make absolutely no sense but just out of curiosity...

Just a question for you guys that weren't selected... I was curious what your ages were. I know its the government and they do many things that make absolutely no sense but just out of curiosity...

I was 24 when I wasn't picked. now I'm 25 with a 20% lower IQ.:crazy:

I'm 26, 5 years non-related aviation experience (law, finance), Bachelor of Arts degree, Hispanic gentleman, 72 on ATSAT, NY/NJ preference. Not picked.

I just came back from Puerto Rico though and when I think about it, I'm happy I didn't get chosen this round. I should have listed Puerto Rico as my top choice. Can anyone confirm if Puerto Rico is an "in demand" or busy terminal? Would my credentials have gotten me in the first time with this geographical preference?

I also have an IQ of 48 and doctors will say that I am what most people would call "Mentally retarded"
I lol'ed at that.

Sandman, don't quote me on this, but it looks like at least for the first round only "well qualified" individuals were selected.
I would be willing to bet if you had a WC score, and picked Puerto Rico, you would probably have gotten it. I can't imagine that the desire to move to Puerto Rico is so great that people are being turned away at the door.
Could be wrong though.

Back