What Branch?

• Air Force

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Marines

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
Check out lounging on the balcony with the Delta hat. Look at me please

IMG_0092.png

And when one Apple Watch isn’t enough, you have to wear 2 Apple Watches.

And sheesh, how much of that bottle did he spray on himself? Gross

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C042nwKPNYk/

View attachment 76741

The top photo is just a typical “pilot influencer” pose. But two watches is definitely ridiculous. I don’t get that at all.

I’ll give you the Rolex. That was definitely a “flex” by him.

Navy buddy of mine is a new 320 CA at southern jets. Mentioned his FO was wearing a $16k Rolex, that he'd just bought. Haha, gotta say, of all the dumb pilot toys, this is dumbest. But maybe he's a big watch guy, which I guess I would understand. I just wish early-mid 1990's Porches were $16k to support my hobby :)

Navy buddy of mine is a new 320 CA at southern jets. Mentioned his FO was wearing a $16k Rolex, that he'd just bought. Haha, gotta say, of all the dumb pilot toys, this is dumbest. But maybe he's a big watch guy, which I guess I would understand. I just wish early-mid 1990's Porches were $16k to support my hobby :)

My watch is a simple ~$350ish Citizen watch which I’ve had for over 20 years now. I’ve actually gotten some compliments on it.

A 22 yr old buying a Breitling and then a Rolex at Delta, these are the financial idiots who wouldn’t know what to do when a calamity hits them in the face.

My watch is a simple ~$350ish Citizen watch which I’ve had for over 20 years now. I’ve actually gotten some compliments on it.

A 22 yr old buying a Breitling and then a Rolex at Delta, these are the financial idiots who wouldn’t know what to do when a calamity hits them in the face.

Yeah I think people are truly getting lazy with their expectations. How quickly could a reduction bid/downgrade be a reality for some of these folks? Not wishing that on anyone, but I think you have to be prepared for that at all times, regardless of the current reality. Going from new 220/320 CA to pretty junior 717 FO in NYC during a furlough would be brutal, economically and otherwise, if you hadn't planned for that/resisted lifestyle creep. But then again, I am paranoid, and retain a viable plan B and plan C, as well as live so far below my means, that our new financial advisor pretty much assured us that it was ok to spend money. So my perspective may be a little skewed

I’d beg to differ. A Rolex is actually a good investment. Specially if you have extra disposable income.

View attachment 76741

I actually don’t have social media, so I would have never have witnessed this abomination. I was under the impression you didn’t have any social media accounts?

heard a few years ago while DH'ing

*coming from Calgary*

"yes light winds, clear skies, 22 degrees Celsius...uhmmm...for us Americans that's 72 Bald Eagles"

childish but I giggled

I call them Freedom Units, but bald eagles is good too.

…as well as live so far below my means, that our new financial advisor pretty much assured us that it was ok to spend money. So my perspective may be a little skewed

Sounds familiar. We started asking our guy about retirement a few years before we pulled the trigger(s), and he basically said “anytime you want to”. That’s a good feeling.

My watch is, well, no watch, so I paid zero.

When you try to own time, time owns you.

Back