House committee votes to raise pilot retirement age to 67

Would someone kindly tell me where the line is between being entitled/spoiled and no longer willing to put up with crap.

You know, like "Total Recall". Those miscreants on Mars with their demands for food and clean air, I mean, come ON man, how entitled.

At least there are those states erasing child labor laws. Get Skylar off that couch and into the coal mines!

Wait, it won't be Skylar? But some impoverished migrant worker's child? Wait a sec...

Not really.

Every generation thinks the next generation are entitled.

Seriously. The Vietnam vets I flew with in the 90's complained about Boomers when I was a new hire because they were always mad about simple things. "I carried around an M-16 in the *#$%# swamp and this mf'ing copilot is mad about his McMuffin being a little lopsided". The Boomers complain about the Millennials they raised. The Millennials can't stand the Boomers or Gen Z. Gen Z can't stand the millennials.

As Gen X, I really don't care as I'd wish you all would just STFU and choose kindness. My generation were all feral anyway.

Seriously. The Vietnam vets I flew with in the 90's complained about Boomers when I was a new hire because they were always mad about simple things. "I carried around an M-16 in the *#$%# swamp and this mf'ing copilot is mad about his McMuffin being a little lopsided". The Boomers complain about the Millennials they raised. The Millennials can't stand the Boomers or Gen Z. Gen Z can't stand the millennials.

As Gen X, I really don't care as I'd wish you all would just STFU and choose kindness. My generation were all feral anyway.

Bold for emphasis.

To clarify, Gen X can’t stand anybody, and we don’t give a poop about stuff we don’t care about.

To clarify, Gen X can’t stand anybody, and we don’t give a poop about stuff we don’t care about.

Honest question... do you think that ambivalence about pretty much everything except Taco Bell bringing back the Cheesy Gordito Crunch, has contributed to us being where we are today? As the Boomers aged out of important roles in the world, it was Gen X's turn to step in and take over and keep us moving forward... and they kind of didn't.

Honest question... do you think that ambivalence about pretty much everything except Taco Bell bringing back the Cheesy Gordito Crunch, has contributed to us being where we are today? As the Boomers aged out of important roles in the world, it was Gen X's turn to step in and take over and keep us moving forward... and they kind of didn't.

Well, when I was a kid I always thought I'd end up in politics. But there is no way.

We're probably in our last 50 years as a country as we know it before we go all "Gilead' and who wants to be part of that? LOL

Well, when I was a kid I always thought I'd end up in politics. But there is no way.

We're probably in our last 50 years as a country as we know it before we go all "Gilead' and who wants to be part of that? LOL

Maybe. And obviously I was generalizing. But to put it in more micro perspective, if I look at the flight ops team where I'm at, there's some 60+ year old guys and a lot of guys in there 30s and early 40s... and nothing (mostly) in between. I see it in the Search and Rescue world too. Lots if old timers in team leadership roles, and a bunch of young guys and gals... but the age 45 to 60 demographic is pretty much missing.

Sorry bro, my slacker generation is going to ride into the sunset like Godzilla flipping off Tokyo as he wades into the water.

You know, like "Total Recall". Those miscreants on Mars with their demands for food and clean air, I mean, come ON man, how entitled.

At least there are those states erasing child labor laws. Get Skylar off that couch and into the coal mines!

Wait, it won't be Skylar? But some impoverished migrant worker's child? Wait a sec...

Get your ass to Mars.

I can buy that. It seems as time passes on, every generation has been worse than its predecessor. Gen Z takes the cake. But we are to blame for their (redacted)-like upbringing. We raised a bunch of entitled brats who feel like the world revolves around them, that they are special, and their feelings can’t be hurt, need mental health days, etc

I can buy that. It seems as time passes on, every generation has been worse than its predecessor. Gen Z takes the cake. But we are to blame for their (redacted)-like upbringing. We raised a bunch of entitled brats who feel like the world revolves around them, that they are special, and their feelings can’t be hurt, need mental health days, etc

But you're literally raising Gen Z as we speak. You all need a real big mirror before you complain to the world about an entire generation you're actively involved with.

This did NOT happen before the consumer age. Before the consumer age, there really were no "generations" in the sense we know them now based on... ... ... wait for it... ... ... DING! DING! DING! ... MARKETING!

Johnny, tell him what he's won!

This all started in the mid 20th century with the totally contrived construct of the teenager. It expanded viciously from there as marketing execs got paid more and more and more to more specifically describe who might be inclined to purchase what particular type of useless plastic dross. GO, CONSUMERISM!!!

You can read all about this in antiquated bundles of paper, ink, thread and glue called books. You might have to GOOGLE what the heck a BOOK is. But trust me, you'll find it.

I think that's a valid question. I think Gen-X truly is the forgotten generation. A large majority of us were kind of feral, we were the gap between the Information Age and streetlights being the signal that it was dinner time. I have no idea why our parents seemed to just let us run wild, but they did. Sometimes it could end up in some Lord of the Flies situations. I think we're called forgotten because we watched our parents (Boomers) rebel against their parents (the Great Generation) and neither wanted to hear a damn thing we might've been thinking, both groups had been involved in world changing times that were almost diametrically opposed to each other. So we just went about our business however we felt was appropriate. Now the forgotten generation is running things either by hard work or generational wealth and no one mentions us. I hope to stay below the radar and enjoy life for as long as possible.

I think that's a valid question. I think Gen-X truly is the forgotten generation. A large majority of us were kind of feral, we were the gap between the Information Age and streetlights being the signal that it was dinner time. I have no idea why our parents seemed to just let us run wild, but they did. Sometimes it could end up in some Lord of the Flies situations. I think we're called forgotten because we watched our parents (Boomers) rebel against their parents (the Great Generation) and neither wanted to hear a damn thing we might've been thinking, both groups had been involved in world changing times that were almost diametrically opposed to each other. So we just went about our business however we felt was appropriate. Now the forgotten generation is running things either by hard work or generational wealth and no one mentions us. I hope to stay below the radar and enjoy life for as long as possible.

My parents aren't boomers as they were born in the mid-1930's, but they certainly had a post "Depression Era" mindset.

The rules were basically be in before the street lights came on and if you weren't, you'd better call. I knew plenty of alcoholics, drug abusers and other ne'erdowells so they knew I didn't want any of 'that' so yeah, I was certainly feral with a bike and always had $10 in my pocket so the, and I quote from my father, the cops can't bother you about being a vagrant.

But broken bones, fights, software piracy, blowing things up, making dumb movies with a VHS camcorder the size of a suitcase, amateur rocketry (well, fun with D-Cell motors and ignitor plugs), sneaking into the county dump to ride BMX, digging under fences, taking stuff apart and demon-dialing (aka 'phreaking') for Sprint card numbers pretty much defined my youth. Plus a visit from the police chief to my father warning him that "He's a good boy, but he's going to be a CEO or an organized crime boss, be careful". Actually he was a family friend.

Fairly below average in the 70's/80's but I'd probably be defined as 'troubled' in 2023.

Last edited:
Back