Challenger 300 Turbulence Death - Prelim Released

Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 13.06.05.png

Oh boy! Let me guess, it's going to be a super weak attempt at deflecting!

Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 13.06.48.png

And there it is….

Tell me, how is paying $30,000 for an interview an option that is “available to everyone”?

He simply got "modest loan from his dad" to help him skip a bunch of steps to jumpstart his career. It also gives him license to step on people who had it more difficult than he in entering this career. It's not really a method of gatekeeping. It's just that he is more privileged.

Tell me, how is paying $30,000 for an interview an option that is “available to everyone”?
It was about $27k.

All the more reason for making my point - it was a complete gamble. And it was a route available to everyone. I had 3 checkrides to an airline. Private, Instrument, and Commerical/Multi. Going the other route would also have cost the same. Commercial SE, CFI Initial, CFI-I, MEI, that stuff isn't free either. Either way - you're paying. But at least you'd have a CommSE, CFI/I/MEI to show for it. The route I took was a complete gamble. One interview and if you blew it, you were SOL.

He simply got "modest loan from his dad" to help him skip a bunch of steps to jumpstart his career. It also gives him license to step on people who had it more difficult than he in entering this career. It's not really a method of gatekeeping. It's just that he is more privileged.

Only in the JC liberal minds is family paying for something for their child considered a sin. Yawn.

Then perhaps it would be helpful if operators could get their hands on those approaches and fly them, instead of trying to pull circle to land approaches involving tight turns.

And to think, there’s hatred for saying one thinks it’s not as safe an operation as a 121 operation, based on accident records and well-known personal (CRM) issues ripe in that world?
No, there's no hatred for saying that 91/135 isn't as safe as 121 overall. Nobody disputed that. The problem comes when you say...
All corpies are not AS safe because they are not 121.”

Words mean things.

It was about $27k.

Well that clearly changes everything.

All the more reason for making my point - it was a complete gamble.

Are you seriously trying to make this some kind of Matt Damon “fortune favors the bold” nonsense?

And it was a route available to everyone.
No, you freaking dunderhead, it wasn’t.

I had 3 checkrides to an airline. Private, Instrument, and Commerical/Multi. Going the other route would also have cost the same. Commercial SE, CFI Initial, CFI-I, MEI, that stuff isn't free either.

In the early-mid 2000’s? No, commercial and CFI certs didn’t cost $27k.

The route I took was a complete gamble. One interview and if you blew it, you were SOL.
Wait, you actually are trying to frame this as you taking some huge risk and it paying off. With your parents money.

Only in the JC liberal minds is family paying for something for their child considered a sin. Yawn.
Ok, so you’re you’re trying to play the political victim card now?

Look, as @Boris Badenov said, probably most of us have had assistance from our parents—whether it was financial, academic, merely being present and supportive—and we’re a product of how they’ve helped us.

I don’t think anyone would “consider that a sin” to help our kids out.

You completely bypassed the normal process of getting experience before stepping in a 121 cockpit.

You ridicule the idea of people of color being hired with minimum qualifications because of their lineage, while you did *exactly that*.

And you have the audacity to come on here and ridicule an entire segment of US aviation for its lack of standards?

I’ll put it this way: I would put my family on one of my company’s corporate jets long before I put them on a plane you’re flying because I know from experience what’s learned in the first 1-2k hrs…and you paid to skip that because of whatever reason.

And I’d put my family on a plane piloted by Jack Roush before I’d be ok with them in the back of a CRJ with the captain giving instruction to a 300hr FO whose parents paid for their seat.

Well, this is the dumbest take on anything I’ve ever read on this site. And that’s saying a lot on a site that has featured people like Quitch.

The entire idea of the American dream is to work hard so you can help your children get ahead. We built a nation where class mobility is a real thing, which is still unheard of in most parts of the world even hundreds of years later. His parents worked hard so he could move up the ladder. Just as I’m working hard so my stepson can move up the ladder. And presumably he’s working hard so his kids can move up the ladder. Only in some despicable Marxist dystopia is this considered a bad thing.

Well, this is the dumbest take on anything I’ve ever read on this site. And that’s saying a lot on a site that has featured people like Quitch.

The entire idea of the American dream is to work hard so you can help your children get ahead. We built a nation where class mobility is a real thing, which is still unheard of in most parts of the world even hundreds of years later. His parents worked hard so he could move up the ladder. Just as I’m working hard so my stepson can move up the ladder. And presumably he’s working hard so his kids can move up the ladder. Only in some despicable Marxist dystopia is this considered a bad thing.
giphy.gif

Only in some despicable Marxist dystopia is this considered a bad thing.

I think it's more like when he airbursts his totally subjective, generally uninformed, and always off-the-cuff opinions about, well, pretty much everything, people get annoyed. And yeah, it's more annoying when you're running a race and the guy who started off half a mile ahead decides it's a good time to start talking endless crap about how off-brand your shoes are. Come on, this is basically the script for every 80s movie.

I think it's more like when he airbursts his totally subjective, generally uninformed, and always off-the-cuff opinions about, well, pretty much everything, people get annoyed.

Feel free to get annoyed. I am quite frequently annoyed with him also. But that doesn’t make it okay to personally attack him, and certainly not by way of attacking him for getting family help with training.

It’s not about “helping our kids”, which we hopefully all work towards, but I think you know that.

I think you have no ethics whatsoever and just see every debate as a zero sum game where you must win at any cost, including unacceptable personal attacks.

You completely bypassed the normal process of getting experience before stepping in a 121 cockpit.

You ridicule the idea of people of color being hired with minimum qualifications because of their lineage, while you did *exactly that*.

And you have the audacity to come on here and ridicule an entire segment of US aviation for its lack of standards?

I’ll put it this way: I would put my family on one of my company’s corporate jets long before I put them on a plane you’re flying because I know from experience what’s learned in the first 1-2k hrs…and you paid to skip that because of whatever reason.

And I’d put my family on a plane piloted by Jack Roush before I’d be ok with them in the back of a CRJ with the captain giving instruction to a 300hr FO whose parents paid for their seat.
I can only get so erect.

Nah, I think you’re like Trump. Completely amoral and just saying whatever it takes to “win.”

I guess I’m a little sorry you feel that way, but given how you treat others here I’m probably not going to lose much sleep.

But I do sincerely hope you had a good weekend with you family and find happiness outside of lambasting people on pilot forums.

Back