SWA reducing minimum requirements again

Oh man, paging dacuj. Obviously anyone that skips out on a chance to work at American is missing the chance of a lifetime. Even joining the team over at the ‘Voy would be a wise decision in these uncertain times.

Did I hit all the talking points? OH! Come to my campfire sing along thing. There. Nailed it.
To be faaaaaiiirrr @tiredcfi is a college buddy of mine who wound up at AA and my impression is he recognizes there are some issues but overall it’s an awesome job

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Get a seniority number, the contract will come. Why on earth would you sacrifice a seniority number waiting on a new contract. If they're here and it doesn't meet their needs they could always leave but seniority is literally EVERYTHING in this business from job security, to schedule, to vacation, to upgrades, to domicile... waiting to apply is asinine.

I agree…..

To be faaaaaiiirrr @tiredcfi is a college buddy of mine who wound up at AA and my impression is he recognizes there are some issues but overall it’s an awesome job
It’s a job. We have some good bits and some really bad bits. Some really major stuff and some puddly stuff like how pay checks are done. I’m happy I’m here, but I really miss NK. I’m not regretting the change but if I could do it over again with the knowledge I have now the decision to leave Spirit would be a lot harder one to make.

hopefully this all changes when we get a new contract.

It’s a job. We have some good bits and some really bad bits. Some really major stuff and some puddly stuff like how pay checks are done. I’m happy I’m here, but I really miss NK. I’m not regretting the change but if I could do it over again with the knowledge I have now the decision to leave Spirit would be a lot harder one to make.

hopefully this all changes when we get a new contract.
Wow! I didn’t expect to hear that.

Wow! I didn’t expect to hear that.
I don’t think a lot of people do either. The Stockholm syndrome is like right below the surface here. People here know we have a lot of problems but spirit absolutely blows aa away when it comes to QOL and a lot of people refuse to believe it. My wife reports that the wives Facebook group reports similar things.

They're both regional captains, maybe they're staying put. Stupid. Or maybe they're hanging their hat on another hanger. Everyone has their reasons.
It appears to me (and my unknowledgeable and somewhat uneducated self) that they might be lacking in critical thinking/reasoning skills. Once SWA gets a contract in place these individuals may not have the opportunity to get hired by SWA.

They're both regional captains, maybe they're staying put. Stupid. Or maybe they're hanging their hat on another hanger. Everyone has their reasons.
Well then southwest isn't their "first choice" as you stated. Which is fine. Not everyone has to apply to every airline. But to wait and see is stupid.
1675432702498.gif

Back