JetBlue hires violent felon as a pilot

That’s only gonna get worse. There was a time your shop gave people crap for not being consistent in the address history with Avenue and Lane, versus Ave and Ln. They wanted consistency. Either all Ave and Ln or Cir, or all Avenue, Lane, or Circle.

My, my. How we’ve fallen from arguing English short form to violent ex-felons. It’s quite a pathetic turn.

Now some places, like where i live, can‘t even decide on Street or Avenue, so they call it a Stravenue. Moronic……like most of Tucson is.

Here:

B3495919-B14E-412C-AEF2-92E38CAF7D71.jpeg

Now some places, like where i live, can‘t even decide on Street or Avenue, so they call it a Stravenue. Moronic……like most of Tucson is.

Here:

View attachment 68096

Holy cow:oops:

I can't begin to recount the horror stories of single named streets running through three towns and callers not knowing the cross streets/nearest intersections. Three jurisdictions with town cops or County, three different fire departments/EMS, and callers didn't have a clue where they actually were.

Anyway ... a Stravenue seems to capture very well where we are as a society;)

Oh, that's EASY, I'll go next! "WHAT is your name? WHAT IS your quest?" "yeah yeah, Sir Robin of Camelot, I seek the grail, blah blah blah"

But seriously, there's nothing like pre-emptive or presumptuous about the expectation that people who commit unlawful violence against other people are likely to re-offend, it's backed up by reams of data (as, again @Pilot Fighter points out). This isn't Opinion, it's Science. And it's especially true when it comes to "domestic" violence.

Let's get down to brass tacks, here. If you hit, beat, shoot, etc. your domestic partner(s), you're rightfully viewed as a future threat of more of the same, because the statistics indicate just how likely that is to happen again *overwhelmingly*. And, no, then you don't get to participate in Society in the same way as the kids who *don't* hit. We all learned this in Kindergarten, I thought? Maybe some of us were spared the Rod a bit too much...

I'll share some stories on Zoom chat one weekend about a person with violent tendencies and what ultimately happened to him at the shop.

That’s only gonna get worse. There was a time your shop gave people crap for not being consistent in the address history with Avenue and Lane, versus Ave and Ln. They wanted consistency. Either all Ave and Ln or Cir, or all Avenue, Lane, or Circle.

My, my. How we’ve fallen from arguing English short form to violent ex-felons. It’s quite a pathetic turn.

That was never a thing. Maybe someone you paid to clean up your Delta application said otherwise, but it's not a thing.

Here:

View attachment 68096

Is it like Central Ave in PHX where Central divides the avenues from teh streets?

Personally, PHX is one of the best cities in the country when it comes to urban planning.

10233 N. Whatever Avenue. Well, it's west of Central, North of Baseline, near 102nd avenue, it's at least a start.

And the ATP in America is a joke.

I’d say our safety record compared to *checks notes* every other country on earth speaks for itself about the superiority of our system.

One doesn’t have a felony?

That’s not a qualification, it’s personal background. It has no relation to the job itself. Which is why I think we’re only a few years away from this being a non-issue, as the EEOC will eventually say that you can’t consider criminal background in hiring, just like HUD won’t allow in housing. As it should be.

Here:

View attachment 68096

Makes a certain degree of sense for diagonal roads, since apparently in TUS streets are always due east-west and avenues are always due north-south. But perhaps instead of coining "stravenue" using an existing term like boulevard or road would have made more sense. Another issue is that a lot of the major thoroughfares in Tucson appear to be called boulevards, ways or roads even if they "should" be streets or avenues based on direction.

Again, not judging what JetBlue saw in the person-in-question and deciding to give him a (what appears to be temporary) shot, BUT, to be quite honest, anyone has the capacity to respond to a situation violently.

A) A person who has been incarcerated for battery and has a training failure.
B) A person who, in 30 years, has never had a training failure, but just got one.

Who is more dangerous? Honestly, who really knows. It's easy to say Person A because of the history, but how well do we know what Person B is dealing with?

Person A may have coping mechanisms, has previously FAAFO and knows where certain paths and unrestrained inner demons will lead.
Person B might just go postal. Anything is possible.

Again, not specifically supporting JetBlue's hiring decision or the internet's rage against his employment. I just don't have enough information to feel passionately either way.

Well, I’m a guy on the Internet and I think you’re wrong because reasons.

Makes a certain degree of sense for diagonal roads, since apparently in TUS streets are always due east-west and avenues are always due north-south. But perhaps instead of coining "stravenue" using an existing term like boulevard or road would have made more sense. Another issue is that a lot of the major thoroughfares in Tucson appear to be called boulevards, ways or roads even if they "should" be streets or avenues based on direction.

hence why Tucson and Pima County are, and always will be, considered the idiot younger brother of metro Phoenix

hence why Tucson and Pima County are, and always will be, considered the idiot younger brother of metro Phoenix

Daffy, are you insinuating that PHX is the Alec Baldwin wereas Pima and Tucson are more of the Stephen and Billy Baldwin types of cities? Ha!

come on down and let’s get all you can eat Wendy’s chili, so long as you eat-in. Seems to only be offered here.

Tucson, not only easy to mispell, is also a magical, weird place.

I had a layover a few years ago out in the sticks (before we moved to the UA area) and I told the FO, "Now watch the bartender ask us where we're from, you'll say Denver, she'll say how nice Denver is, I'll say 'North Scottsdale' she'll sneer and I will be invisible the rest of the evening".

You could set an atomic clock with how accurate it was.

Question for you Arizona folks:

So Prescott is pronounced press-kit.

But Scottsdale is pronounced s-cott-sdale.

So why isn't it pronounced Pres-cot?

Back