More TWA 800 stuff

giphy.gif

Boris doesn’t know what he’s missing…

One of us! One of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sort of like Nickelback?

No scratch that… they really do suck.

I never understood the hate on Nickelback. They weren't the best but hardly the worst rock band of the late 90s/early 2000s. I don't have any of their music on my phone, but I don't change the radio station when their songs play.

At this point they are more infamous for everyone trashing them than they are for their music.

“The Queen lived 96 years and hadn’t died before and now she dies all of a sudden? Sus!”
True!
However, if the coroner‘s report showed that she died of an internal gas explosion, I would have to throw the BS flag!

Yeah, I don't buy it but I see how somebody could get there.

OTOH, the odds that an entire ships crew kept it a secret for 25 years is zero.
Nah…..look how many are involved in the “moon landing” secret. :rolleyes:

I feel bad for all those who had loved ones on that plane and still believe the missile conspiracy theory. No missile hit that plane.

And certainly, no entire team of military men/women would have kept that secret and taken it to the grave. How many times in history have you seen cases where people on their death bed confess to pretty much anything (as an example, someone they murderer years ago). You’re already about to die, what are they gonna do to you now?

I never understood the hate on Nickelback. They weren't the best but hardly the worst rock band of the late 90s/early 2000s. I don't have any of their music on my phone, but I don't change the radio station when their songs play.

At this point they are more infamous for everyone trashing them than they are for their music.
They’re like the Chili’s of bands. Not the most disgusting thing I’ve ever had, just incredibly average and meh. But I swear some people think hating on something popular is a personality trait that’s unique, when hating Nickelback is incredibly common at this point.

They’re like the Chili’s of bands. Not the most disgusting thing I’ve ever had, just incredibly average and meh. But I swear some people think hating on something popular is a personality trait that’s unique, when hating Nickelback is incredibly common at this point.

I saw them and Seether live at the house of blues (a friend won a radio call in contest).

Talk about the two lowest energy “rock bands.” It was just a boring ass show and it was low energy ballads in between songs that could actually have got it going.

It’s funny because “leader of men” which came out before they were all of a sudden big is actually a good song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah had a flight attendant tell me about this a couple weeks ago. I'd heard this of course, years ago, but I didn't realize it was making the rounds again.

Surface to air missile expended, airplane deleted. Working as intended!

In all seriousness, of all of the loony conspiracy theories floating around in the 90s (and now, I guess), this was one of the more believable ones, imho. The things had been flying for, what, 25 years at that point, and not one had just blown up of its own accord.
In their ironically ineffable and ineffably ironic style, Monty Python explained this years in advance: "Things explode all the time."

Few things piss me off as much as a TWA 800 conspiracy theory. Believing idiotic nonsense about a flat earth is one thing. Accusing an entire shipload of United States sailors of blowing up a plane and then covering it up is quite another. These scumbugs can f*** all the way off.

Few things piss me off as much as a TWA 800 conspiracy theory. Believing idiotic nonsense about a flat earth is one thing. Accusing an entire shipload of United States sailors of blowing up a plane and then covering it up is quite another. These scumbugs can f*** all the way off.
Jeebus! Seems these days even the conspiracies morph in to other conspiracies.

I don't think the original "missile" conspiracy was about the Navy intentionally blowing up a civvy airliner. Pretty sure the original story was the Navy brought down the ship by accident, and the conspiracy was the cover-up. But, you know, with all the real shirt that's about to blow us all up, Frankly, My Dear, I don't give a damn.

Well you obviously didn’t get the invite for the special sunglasses…
giphy.gif

F’in A do I have to explain all the secrets in one post…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rowdy Roddy! In full seasonal mullet plumage. A classic! :)

Jeebus! Seems these days even the conspiracies morph in to other conspiracies.

I don't think the original "missile" conspiracy was about the Navy intentionally blowing up a civvy airliner. Pretty sure the original story was the Navy brought down the ship by accident, and the conspiracy was the cover-up. But, you know, with all the real shirt that's about to blow us all up, Frankly, My Dear, I don't give a damn.

Whether intentional ie unintentional, I find both theories to be repugnant. They both require that an entire ship of sailors cover it up.

Back