Spirit Hiring

Does anyone know if Spirit will look into increasing pay sometime soon? Seems like JetBlue pays substantially more starting out.. If Spirit hopes for a "NO" vote when the time comes to unionize or not it seems like having comparable pay will be a good move for them.

pros and cons of working for Spirit and living in Fort Lauderdale? thx u :)
Tagged you in the post: Frontier/Spirit OCC Final Destination Poll. Has some good and bad opinions on living in FL, especially South FL, which I personally love. And I highly recommend the DX team at Spirit. The team and the new management is some of the best. Software needs some work, but hey…

Tagged you in the post: Frontier/Spirit OCC Final Destination Poll. Has some good and bad opinions on living in FL, especially South FL, which I personally love. And I highly recommend the DX team at Spirit. The team and the new management is some of the best. Software needs some work, but hey…
Any rumors on where the final OCC is gonna be, or if it will simply be a split OCC with JetBlue?

Also, what flight planning software do you guys use?

Any rumors on where the final OCC is gonna be, or if it will simply be a split OCC with JetBlue?

The speculation I've heard was NY and the new Dania Pointe facility. That seems possible to me given the message the jetBlue CEO sent Spirit employees which mentioned it, and the fact a room layout exists for the OCC at Dania Pointe. No clue what would become of MCO at that point.

Software is FPM, Flight Explorer, Movement Control (soon to be Movement Manager), and AirCentre ACARS which is also soon to be upgraded.

The speculation I've heard was NY and the new Dania Pointe facility. That seems possible to me given the message the jetBlue CEO sent Spirit employees which mentioned it, and the fact a room layout exists for the OCC at Dania Pointe. No clue what would become of MCO at that point.

Software is FPM, Flight Explorer, Movement Control (soon to be Movement Manager), and AirCentre ACARS which is also soon to be upgraded.
Any tips to get used to FE coming FROM a fusion site?

I personally would agree with everything @flynryan692 said… but nothing set in stone! There’s always a lot of daily speculation and many opinions still.

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone! Feel free to reach out any time with questions or more specifics. They may not be done with interviews, so don’t lose hope. Sometimes they can reach out a week or so later to others… It’s always a process that takes time! Good luck and welcome. :)

I’m debating … how far does $28 an hour go living in FLL ?
I suppose it depends if you're willing to tough it out for a few years, but the 3rd and 4th year bump in pay for the contract is definitely generous. But it is very expensive to live in South Florida.

Back