DL has opened externally

It's sad that aviation professionals are making less than employees at a burger chain. No offense to them, of course - but come on... Airplanes vs. Burgers.. Wtf. I know Regional life isn't supposed to be easy but that's pushing it.

Yea perhaps its time to review and redo CBAs. At the end of the day though, most of us have paid our dues in the industry at the regional level. Whether dispatch, scheduling, flying or even being a FA, we have all tilled the regional soil so to speak. Lots of sacrifices (family and living wise), lots of thankless days and nights.

At least we have something much more promising to look forward too, unlike for many many fry cooks who for whatever reason- prob wont get much further along in life.

At least we have something much more promising to look forward too, unlike for many many fry cooks who for whatever reason- prob wont get much further along in life.
Thank you for your outlook on this. I feel like it's easy to forget we have a light at the end of the tunnel when others don't.

Because nobody would dare be a fry cook while in college, or to keep the lights on while they try to get their foot in the door in some other career field, or heck, even to keep a roof over their head because their cheap airline employer that makes millions in profits every year can't be bothered to pay them like the professional they are. Fry cooks are just dead beats with no prospects, I guess, and we all ought to struggle and teeter on the edge of financial ruin because we need to "pay our dues". :rolleyes:

This isn't the draft. We all signed up voluntarily, paid for dispatch school, and knew what we enlisted for way before hand. Dispatch pay rates at regionals have never been secret. Why accept a job if the rate was too low and may result in financial ruin?

This isn't the draft. We all signed up voluntarily, paid for dispatch school, and knew what we enlisted for way before hand. Dispatch pay rates at regionals have never been secret. Why accept a job if the rate was too low and may result in financial ruin?
sigh...I deleted that pretty quickly because I felt I was maybe misinterpreting what you were saying, and I don't know if this is the place for this debate anyway. I will say two things and let it be, first people take these jobs because they take the terrible advice that they have to take the first job offer they get, which is just false. They are duped into this line of thinking where "experienced" dispatchers tell them the only way to be a highly paid major dispatcher is to live in poverty at a regional. It doesn't have to be that way, but as long as we keep pushing this way of thinking it will be that way and it will hurt the profession in the long run.

Second, the pay has been hidden with some companies, the pay spreadsheet came about in part because regionals were especially bad about hiding their pay. There are airlines that make it difficult for their own employees to find the payscale, or make it unavailable. I recall asking a friend at a now defunct regional if he could help me with info for the spreadsheet and he could only give me what he got paid up to that point because they didn't have a scale he could see and nobody would tell him including the union.

Regionals can do a much better job of compensating their licensed employees (all of them, not just DX) and being transparent about the pay, but that's not really relevant to this thread. I don't want to derail this anymore than it already is, so I will leave it there.

While I was reading the latest posts here .....THIS just dropped in my inbox.....

Hi there,
I just wanted to give you an update on the Dispatcher Role. Our hiring manager is currently reviewing resumes. Once the review is complete we will start reaching out to those who are selected to interview. I expect that to take another week, maybe two due to the volume of applicants. I know everyone is anxiously awaiting to hear back and I just wanted to let you know that you are still being considered and we will be in touch soon.
Thanks so much for you patience!

Jodi Douglas -
Recruiter Delta Airlines

How many are they looking for and what’s the predicted amount of resumes that passed the AON test?

This thread got awfully quiet.

200.gif

Back