Dassault Falcon 20E5 - Fatal 2 - 10/5/2021

Thanks. So there’s a bunch of those that operate into TEB? Crazy, I didn’t know they were still so popular.

The 2000, F2TH is a hell of a plane. 42.8 max gross, 39,300 landing weight. 80% factor it’ll go into a 3500ft strip with no problems with enough fuel to take off again and go across the country. (LXS that is).

Not without its quirks, and it LOVES to tell you when you do something wrong- I am astounded by the scenarios that we thing will be problematic - and simply are not.

We moved into one from a hawker 900xp, which wasn’t a slouch when it came to short field performance, and the 2000lxs just completely blows it out of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what’s the difference between DA20 and FA20? I work FA20’s all the time. Only worked a DA20 once or twice.

So what’s the difference between DA20 and FA20? I work FA20’s all the time. Only worked a DA20 once or twice.

DA20 is the light single trainer known as a Katana or Eclipse. At one point the USAFA had them for trainers. I think they we’re even setup with primary instruments on the right side to prepare the students for left hand throttle and right hand yoke configurations in fighters. It is not certified for IMC due to a lack of bonding structure.

1633561878420.jpeg

DA20 is the light single trainer known as a Katana or Eclipse. At one point the USAFA had them for trainers. I think they we’re even setup with primary instruments on the right side to prepare the students for left hand throttle and right hand yoke configurations in fighters. It is not certified for IMC due to a lack of bonding structure.

View attachment 61152
Yeah but the DA20 wasn’t and I think still isn’t the official flight plan designator for the Katana. Edit: Just checked, the Katana is DV20

I think they stopped using the DA20 designation bc of confusion with the Diamond Katana

They have manufactured under the name of Dassault aviation, Dassault jet, falcon jet… when using drop down lists while submitting paperwork. The DA dropped long before the Katana was a thing however.

I think that was the “Fan Jet Falcon” marketing variant for the US. Could be wrong as they used to use a lot of different filing designators.

The 2000, F2TH is a hell of a plane. 42.8 max gross, 39,300 landing weight. 80% factor it’ll go into a 3500ft strip with no problems with enough fuel to take off again and go across the country. (LXS that is).

Not without its quirks, and it LOVES to tell you when you do something wrong- I am astounded by the scenarios that we thing will be problematic - and simply are not.

We moved into one from a hawker 900xp, which wasn’t a slouch when it came to short field performance, and the 2000lxs just completely blows it out of the water.

I’ve always heard fantastic things about them. I know they’re super popular with the Denver corporate guys (and the 900). I would love to fly one someday!

My recollection of Dumont Whispers is that the 2000 is pretty dicey going east to west in the winter. It'll do it. Usually. Probably. Just the sort of thing you want to deal with as a yoke-actuator!

My knowledge of the from friends that have operated it are that the 2000 classic is a slug and the EX, LX, LXS, and S are much better performers. My Falcon experience is just the 900EASy and it is my hands down favorite airplane that I’ve flown. Going from it to the 737 was like going from a BMW to an old dump truck.

My recollection of Dumont Whispers is that the 2000 is pretty dicey going east to west in the winter. It'll do it. Usually. Probably. Just the sort of thing you want to deal with as a yoke-actuator!

It’s a 4000 mile airplane.. I mean no winds right now, but, it’ll hold 16,600lbs of fuel. Just a rough ForeFlight call, but, 4600lbs is decent amount of fuel. End of this flight probably burning 16-1700 per hour.

London city -> home.
97e77bb03137478b830ebb3b304f8ace.jpg

I’ve always heard fantastic things about them. I know they’re super popular with the Denver corporate guys (and the 900). I would love to fly one someday!

If you ever have the opportunity to do a demo flight with Dassault - do it. I never thought I’d be doing 60deg banked turns at 41,000ft…. Full on stall series at altitude as well (it doesn’t really stall) you’ll probably get to experience the over speed protection as well.

As stalled as I could get it, fully fly able with two fingers on the yoke just a nose high settle.

Then again, I also liked the 1900d… so maybe I’m not the best source

It’s a 4000 mile airplane.. I mean no winds right now, but, it’ll hold 16,600lbs of fuel. Just a rough ForeFlight call, but, 4600lbs is decent amount of fuel. End of this flight probably burning 16-1700 per hour.

London city -> home.
97e77bb03137478b830ebb3b304f8ace.jpg

Going straight to the hotel I see!

Back