Skywest Folks

Can't really understand why one would go to Skywest and try to get DFW. I can understand if that's all you can get but overall, why would one go to Skywest period when you can go to Envoy and on day one become an AA pilot.

I know you're trolling, but a big reason could be that SkyWest probably has a much lower risk of "Compassage" since they own much of their fleet; and provide feed for 4 different mainline partners, so that if one of them decides to drop SkyWest they'll still have the other 3. It seems like every few months another regional gets "Comaired" and most of the flying they did is redistributed to SkyWest- realistically most regionals besides SkyWest will be Comaired sooner or later.

He was more entertaining when his troll status was ambiguous.

Was it really ever ambiguous?

I know you're trolling, but a big reason could be that SkyWest probably has a much lower risk of "Compassage" since they own much of their fleet; and provide feed for 4 different mainline partners, so that if one of them decides to drop SkyWest they'll still have the other 3. It seems like every few months another regional gets "Comaired" and most of the flying they did is redistributed to SkyWest- realistically most regionals besides SkyWest will be Comaired sooner or later.
The place still has its problems, many of which ALPA would at least attenuate if not solve outright. But those are only problems if you work there, not if you own the place.

Can't really understand why one would go to Skywest and try to get DFW. I can understand if that's all you can get but overall, why would one go to Skywest period when you can go to Envoy and on day one become an AA pilot.

Multiple reasons, not the least of which being that perhaps they don't want to fly the Texas triangle for 5-10 years waiting on the flow, lol. Skywest has PLENTY of issues, but coming from someone who trained and flight instructed in the DFW area and who's friends all went to Envoy...I constantly thank my lucky stars that I chose Skywest over Envoy. Being at a regional sucks and there's really no way around it..all you can do it try to make it suck less. At Skywest, I got to see the entire country (and a lot of Canada) on someone else's dime. I'm sure Envoy has fantastic people and some fun times, but looking at my friends social media stories and seeing Waco, San Angelo, Abilene, and Lawton, OK overnights every 4 day...just isn't for me.

Back