Martinaire hiring

The company has changed and not for the better. I would strongly suggest you seek employment elsewhere. Don’t put your life at risk. I am truly sorry that I ever told people to come and work here.
Ok. What's the story behind this? Most all guys/gals who flew 135 freight have stories, some worse than others.

Ok. What's the story behind this? Most all guys/gals who flew 135 freight have stories, some worse than others.
Trying to force people to fly with broken equipment and into known icing. Terminating those that refused.
Maintenance. Signing off on aircraft they claim they fixed but never do. Autopilot on a couple of aircraft will literally bank you 60 degrees aggressively. Caused an incident at DFW and they threw the pilot under the bus Rather than blaming THIER own aircraft.
Called up local FSDO‘s on pilots after they terminate them or even new hire pilots who don’t make it through their joke of a training program and recommend them for 709 rides. The assistant chief loves to brag about that one since he’s the one doing it. Pilots that found this out and passed the FAA check out are now pursuing legal action.
Got rid of every black pilot they had Or refused to hire them or did and they failed ground school under “mysterious circumstances, like a former 121 Captain. Within the past 6 mos. Held them to much higher standards than THIER white counterparts, some of us who even saw they blatant racism and are making plans to leave.
Mechanics are used to report pilots to the same assistant chief who then tries to use that as a way to discipline them. Checkride used as a way to discipline pilots. If they don’t like you - you will fail it And lose your job.At the same time if they do -your checkride is more or less a ride along. Checkers have been known to play video games while doing your recurrent or annual.
The crash that happened down in Victoria, Texas? Poor guy didn’t turn on his inverters because he didn’t know how. Training, perhaps? MX will ask you NOT TO WRITE UP AN AIRCRAFT has a favor to them for whatever reason. You do it your identified as a problem child and they will find a way to terminate you.
Favortism. If your liked you will get your days off, etc. If not, its a long road Ahead. 1 guy asked for time home to be with his wife and kids more. Guess what happened to him? Guy was on the road for 12 weeks straight. They still screw him over.

Last edited:
Sounds like a true class act.

That's a shame. Back in the day, I met quite a few Martex guys at our out stations.

Trying to force people to fly with broken equipment and into known icing. Terminating those that refused.
Maintenance. Signing off on aircraft they claim they fixed but never do. Autopilot on a couple of aircraft will literally bank you 60 degrees aggressively. Caused an incident at DFW and they threw the pilot under the bus Rather than blaming THIER own aircraft.
Called up local FSDO‘s on pilots after they terminate them or even new hire pilots who don’t make it through their joke of a training program and recommend them for 709 rides. The assistant chief loves to brag about that one since he’s the one doing it. Pilots that found this out and passed the FAA check out are now pursuing legal action.
Got rid of every black pilot they had Or refused to hire them or did and they failed ground school under “mysterious circumstances, like a former 121 Captain. Within the past 6 mos. Held them to much higher standards than THIER white counterparts, some of us who even saw they blatant racism and are making plans to leave.
Mechanics are used to report pilots to the same assistant chief who then tries to use that as a way to discipline them. Checkride used as a way to discipline pilots. If they don’t like you - you will fail it And lose your job.At the same time if they do -your checkride is more or less a ride along. Checkers have been known to play video games while doing your recurrent or annual.
The crash that happened down in Victoria, Texas? Poor guy didn’t turn on his inverters because he didn’t know how. Training, perhaps? MX will ask you NOT TO WRITE UP AN AIRCRAFT has a favor to them for whatever reason. You do it your identified as a problem child and they will find a way to terminate you.
Favortism. If your liked you will get your days off, etc. If not, its a long road Ahead. 1 guy asked for time home to be with his wife and kids more. Guess what happened to him? Guy was on the road for 12 weeks straight. They still screw him over.

Basically the complete opposite of when Mike was the CP.

When I was there, the MX was good. Stuff broke, got written up, and got fixed.

When pilots screwed up, the CP took the heat for everything but the worst stupidity.

Jeeze, what a nightmare job to be in! For those current freight dogs at other places, and former 135 freight dogs, please tell me this isn’t the norm in the freight world??

I've seen this same phenomenon at another fairly well known single engine turbine operator. Pilots would go from really trying hard to help others get on board to completely negative in just one shift change. The complaints are almost identical. It shows how important the two way street of trust is between the flyers and the leadership.

There really should be a PRD/PRIA equivalent for any air carrier and the associated Part 119 personnel. With this cluster that is PRD, this crap will just get worse.

[Jeeze, what a nightmare job to be in! For those current freight dogs at other places, and former 135 freight dogs, please tell me this isn’t the norm in the freight world??
[/QUOTE]
I cant speak for all freight dogs, but my shop is night and day with that. Sure MX isnt the greatest, but it is there, gets things fixed and we are NEVER questioned on a writeup or refusal. CP and ACPs are good guys, and have our backs, scheduling is fine and as a collective group wed never tolerate that kinda bigotry or discrimination. I can say its a place ive recommended a few times and Id never do that if i didn't think it was a reasonably good shop.

[Jeeze, what a nightmare job to be in! For those current freight dogs at other places, and former 135 freight dogs, please tell me this isn’t the norm in the freight world??
I cant speak for all freight dogs, but my shop is night and day with that. Sure MX isnt the greatest, but it is there, gets things fixed and we are NEVER questioned on a writeup or refusal. CP and ACPs are good guys, and have our backs, scheduling is fine and as a collective group wed never tolerate that kinda bigotry or discrimination. I can say its a place ive recommended a few times and Id never do that if i didn't think it was a reasonably good shop.
[/QUOTE]
Yea I’ve always heard some positive things about your shop. It’s just unfortunate to hear this about martinaire, from what I understand that place used to be a pretty decent outfit for people to build time. And then all of a sudden we hear this. Sucks for those who are worried they may be fired for following the regs and trying to be professionals. I’ve always heard ‘stories’ about certain 135 shops from ‘back in the day,’ and how damaging it would be to your career to work for places like that. It seems like in the last 5-10 years especially, many of these companies have improved substantially compared to the things we used to hear about them. Seems like they were really trying to get away from many of the old stereotypes from back in the 70’s/80’s. Certain places that come to mind that seem like they haven’t changed are Sierra west airlines and key lime air.

Back