daily pic

Hawaiian Airlines main local competition back in 2010. I think every Island Air Dash 8 had a different tail design, at least I never saw one repeated, anyway. I had never imagined that 9 years later I'd be buying a $29 ticket on Southwest HNL-OGG 24 hours before the flight.

N861MA.jpg

N805WP.jpg

N75995.jpg

During these last five or six weeks of immobility and recovery/therapy/Netflix, I've actually discovered there's real easy meals that aren't as hilariously expensive as I'd initially thought. The other day, I gave swordfish steak a shot, as the Stop & Shop down the road had it out and the fisherman's deli guy was actually real helpful. So really I heated up the oven to a 400F start, but while it was going I already had basel/salt/&peppered the swordfish; heating it up on a stovetop safe pan while dicing up the potatoes. Everything went in the oven after 10 minutes ish, then the first check-up I added some carrots and more pepper. Carrots were added later, and I tossed some lime juice up top and let it broil on high for 15 or so more minutes.

20210121_181011.jpg

The sitting around/doc's appts, etc. all came from that December blizzard and a slew of OJIs down in Jersey. I'm lucky I didn't suffer worse, and according to the orthopedic offices up here who looked over the case files in follow-up, I'm lucky to still have a left hand.

Hey. Good to be back though.

Hawaiian Airlines main local competition back in 2010. I think every Island Air Dash 8 had a different tail design, at least I never saw one repeated, anyway. I had never imagined that 9 years later I'd be buying a $29 ticket on Southwest HNL-OGG 24 hours before the flight.

N861MA.jpg

N805WP.jpg

N75995.jpg
Think I flew on that RJ

LAXtails.jpg

An afternoon in LAX no so long ago when the majestic super A380s had a clear presence. Now the Air France and Lufthansa A380s have gone the way of the British Airways 747, but for now, Emirates, Korean Air, and Asiana still have the type, though stored for the most part.

We still occasionally get the China Southern Super coming into LAX, but thats pretty much all we see of them now. Used to be times working the IRNMN where you could have back to back Supers, and send Socal into a tailspin. Can't wait for them to come back someday

I think what I miss the most is the QFA guys coming in the early AM. That used to be such a mess to sequence, needing to get 15 Miles behind each Super, but damn it was kind of fun to sort out the Pineapple Rush into LAX all by yourself at 5AM.

We still occasionally get the China Southern Super coming into LAX, but thats pretty much all we see of them now. Used to be times working the IRNMN where you could have back to back Supers, and send Socal into a tailspin. Can't wait for them to come back someday

I think what I miss the most is the QFA guys coming in the early AM. That used to be such a mess to sequence, needing to get 15 Miles behind each Super, but damn it was kind of fun to sort out the Pineapple Rush into LAX all by yourself at 5AM.
I miss seeing Qantas period. Was happy to see they'd doing some LAX cargo flights. Most of my hilarious stories are about Qantas. Those guys were my biggest fans and I loved them right back. Some highlights were me clearing out a QF 747 and him just going, "Hey Ramp, what kind of socks does a pirate wear?" WTF LOL?!. I asked him "what" and he replied "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgyleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" as the plane rolled along. Another time an inbound 747 called and said, "Hey ramp, Qantas 73 overhead the field". Hmm wtf? "Uh, Qantas 73 go head sir". "We just couldn't wait to say it, AHOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! See you in a few". LOL! Also once replied to a "thank you" from them with "Thank you for Fosters". The pilot literally went on a rant during a departure bank about how Fosters is piss water and I should never even joke about that and there was squelch after squelch with blocked calls and a plane slowing to a stop inbound on Alpha blocking everyone headed to 01R and the FAA hotline started ringing with him STILL going passionately and I about pissed myself and told them "Sorry Qantas is lecturing me about beer, just send in Alaska". "What?" *click*

So, here is a Qantas 747 departing SFO for LAX to have the cabin stripped and then onto VCV, after it's last revenue flight on which the crew had a short list of Kangaroo facts for me(obviously had heard some of my Frontier animal facts in the past).

VH-OEB1.jpg

Last edited:
Back