Why I Left an Airline Pilot Career

From someone who has told students the downsides of things and warned them about Shiny Jet syndrome, let me tell you it doesn't always go well......sometimes students don't want to hear the truth. It interferes with their dreams. I have an instructor now that is under the impression he will be in ground school at a 121 regional any day. lol
Awww bless his Trump level delusion

Horizon is hiring pilots, or at least the window was open a couple weeks ago. Will probably open again soon.

If people want something enough, they will work through the steps even during the hard times to be in a position to get what they want during the good times.

If people want something enough, they will work through the steps even during the hard times to be in a position to get what they want during the good times.

There’s not a single app that’s gonna be pulled from the pile fair and square for a few years. Only the brownest most kissiest apps are gonna be pulled. That and people whose friends just happened to get into a good position or people’s kids.

It’s all one giant bro-down from here on out.

We're at half the normal flying, yet Delta cancelled roughly 400+ flights for lack of pilots this weekend and a vaccine is coming.

I would suggest the second half of '21 might get kind of interesting again, assuming something else doesn't dissuade the public from flying by then. (murder hornet infestations, meteor showers etc)

Or...maybe I'm just overly optimistic by nature. (except when it comes to our govt in general LOL)

We're at half the normal flying, yet Delta cancelled roughly 400+ flights for lack of pilots this weekend and a vaccine is coming.

I would suggest the second half of '21 might get kind of interesting again, assuming something else doesn't dissuade the public from flying by then. (murder hornet infestations, meteor showers etc)

Or...maybe I'm just overly optimistic by nature. (except when it comes to our govt in general LOL)

If I had to guess the cancellations are more from Delta having thousands of pilots not current, or awaiting training on a plane. Plus aren’t those that would have been furloughed just sitting at home now? They don’t have a lack of pilots.

And to think, the “biggest” pilot shortage and hiring spree was going to start in 2020 and 2021.

Even still, we saw really good movement in 2018 and 2019 ... it seemed like 2022-2023 would be the sweet spot for career advancement opportunity. I think I'm still mentally recovering from how quickly the industry fell apart.

Back