It all makes sense now

DispatcherSam

B083219B-5FFC-4EE3-874C-F70CFBEABC50.jpeg

I used to try to talk them out of it, then they would add double what they originally wanted... now I’m a yespatcher. “I want 1000 lbs extra for (insert stupid non-justified reason here)” me: “yessir”

I used to try to talk them out of it, then they would add double what they originally wanted... now I’m a yespatcher. “I want 1000 lbs extra for (insert stupid non-justified reason here)” me: “yessir”
Oh yeah I don’t care either. When I’m jumpseating I tell the crews if they want more fuel, just shoot an acars. I don’t need their dumb and made up excuse.

Oh yeah I don’t care either. When I’m jumpseating I tell the crews if they want more fuel, just shoot an acars. I don’t need their dumb and made up excuse.

DX: "Happy to help you out with that. What is the reason for adding more fuel?"
CA: "Well I flew this route last week and it was bumpy"
DX: "No turb reports in that area today. Should be a good ride."
CA: "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!"

DX: "Happy to help you out with that. What is the reason for adding more fuel?"
CA: "Well I flew this route last week and it was bumpy"
DX: "No turb reports in that area today. Should be a good ride."
CA: "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!"
I was talking last night with another dispatcher about this exactly. When I was new I used to ask why they wanted more fuel; just in case I missed something. Now I realize, a lot of captains just have their own personal minimum and they will feed you whatever line of BS to get to that minimum. So my response to: “hey bro can I get a 1000lbs” is “you got it dawg, you’ll see the update in just about a minute”.

Back