It all makes sense now

I was talking last night with another dispatcher about this exactly. When I was new I used to ask why they wanted more fuel; just in case I missed something. Now I realize, a lot of captains just have their own personal minimum and they will feed you whatever line of BS to get to that minimum. So my response to: “hey bro can I get a 1000lbs” is “you got it dawg, you’ll see the update in just about a minute”.

I tend to keep fuel to minimum on nice days, all things considered (arrival volume, turb, etc). I get almost no calls for more fuel, but when I do I don't resist much. Just want to hear their perspective, and if it makes sense and isn't just them inputting their winds wrong or something, no problem. 2 calls for more fuel out of 20+ releases is a win in my book.

Dispatch proverb say: The desk that receives the fewest phone calls is the most successful.
quiet.gif

I like when they call and butter me up. "Thanks so much for taking the time to do our release Mr. Dispatch Man, I really appreciate all you do and look forward to working with you today, alsocanwegetathousandspoundsoffuelfornoreasonkthnxbye". I usually respond with "you got it champ".

Back