If it's Boeing, I guess I'm going

It's not a bad airplane. It would be interesting to hear your perspective after having flown it for a while.

Are all of you guys hitting your head on the switches tall? Because I haven't heard that complaint from anywhere other than here.

So far in the sim when sitting I whacked my head good into the HGS display projector unit. That thing is kinda boxy. Ouch.

You still in training? Seems like its been 6 months

Plan on a solid 2.5 months minimum. Probably 3.

I remember it was end of 1997 and Flight Simulator 98 had just come out. I played many countless hours and would usually fly the 737-400 in it. Then FS 2000 came out and that Orbit Airlines 737-400 was amazing! I grew up with those 2 simulators and the 737 was my plane of choice in those. Now I look back and never thought this day would have come. Granted it's all NGs now but it's pretty kick ass to think I'm going to now fly in real life what I flew on computers as a teenager.

I remember it was end of 1997 and Flight Simulator 98 had just come out. I played many countless hours and would usually fly the 737-400 in it. Then FS 2000 came out and that Orbit Airlines 737-400 was amazing! I grew up with those 2 simulators and the 737 was my plane of choice in those. Now I look back and never thought this day would have come. Granted it's all NGs now but it's pretty kick ass to think I'm going to now fly in real life what I flew on computers as a teenager.

I played it as well.... and if it had that dumb trim wheel clanking around I would have jumped to the Lear45. They knew what they were doing when they left it out lol.

I always opted for the America West jet on FS98, whatever it was.....maybe a bus? Because Merica of course. Then again, Janes FA-18 captured me more completely (clearly)

Also, if anyone wants a "Boeing or I'm not going" t shirt for the wife, I get a discount :)

< sent via 3.5 inch floppy disk from my parent's upstairs home office, while collecting reams of green and white striped printer paper

Last edited:
I smoked my shoulder on the Captain/Purser switch and got a love bite from it.

If I do this right, I will never sit in the cockpit of a 737 (including the JS).

Final trip done, line check passed

giphy.gif

Why does your employer prefer the 900 vs. the 800, which has more range?

We only have 12 true 900s, the rest are all 900ERs. The 800 has a slight advantage on range compared to the 900ER so when range performance does become an issue they'll put the proper aircraft on the route. But for all practical purposes given our route network, the airline prefers the higher seating capacity of the 900ERs. They also converted the current 8MAX orders all to 9MAX.

We only have 12 true 900s, the rest are all 900ERs. The 800 has a slight advantage on range compared to the 900ER so when range performance does become an issue they'll put the proper aircraft on the route. But for all practical purposes given our route network, the airline prefers the higher seating capacity of the 900ERs. They also converted the current 8MAX orders all to 9MAX.

So are 900ER's/9MAX's, still pigs?

Back