Known Crewmember...

asapthat123

Anyone ever think we will get added to the Known Crewmember program? That would be a huge advantage for getting through TSA lines. I thought at one time it was being discussed with the TSA. I don’t see why we shouldn’t be allowed to be part of it

KCM isn't really a perk. It's more of a helpful tool to those operating flights. I don't see how KCM would help dispatchers working a flight.

It would mainly be useful for dispatchers performing their annual required jumpseating. Also might help dispatchers who commute to work via jumpseating, as it can be a pain to get through security with only an airline ID any more.
However, I have heard it's not likely to be approved anytime soon.

I personally use a combination of CLEAR and TSA PreCheck to get through security quickly.

Last edited:
Anyone ever think we will get added to the Known Crewmember program? That would be a huge advantage for getting through TSA lines. I thought at one time it was being discussed with the TSA. I don’t see why we shouldn’t be allowed to be part of it

No it's not there for you or for me.. It is meant for operating flight crew only. You should consider yourself fortunate you are allowed in the CASS program. FAM rides can be conducted on your own company metal or even a simulator you have no need to be in a CASS program either. Also you must be in uniform to be in KCM. Like Manniax said there are other ways to get through security quickly. Flight crews need to transit airports swiftly they are in them full time it is not meant for DXers or any other airline employees.

Last edited:
It would mainly be useful for dispatchers performing their annual required jumpseating. Also might help dispatchers who commute to work via jumpseating, as it can be a pain to get through security with only an airline ID any more.
However, I have heard it's not likely to be approved anytime soon.

I personally use a combination of CLEAR and TSA PreCheck to get through security quickly.
I get that it would make those times easier, but I feel like it’s already going beyond the scope of its original intention... this would just be even farther!

im really sorry if this sounds elitist, that’s not my intent, but the more people have access to it the more likely it’s going to be abused and taken away from all of us. That would impact pilots (and flight attendants) far more than dispatchers.

I get that it would make those times easier, but I feel like it’s already going beyond the scope of its original intention... this would just be even farther!

im really sorry if this sounds elitist, that’s not my intent, but the more people have access to it the more likely it’s going to be abused and taken away from all of us. That would impact pilots (and flight attendants) far more than dispatchers.

It’s not a big deal to me really, although there aren’t enough dispatchers working in the US that it would have a big effect on the system (2500 or so total maybe?) However I think there are much more important things to worry about in the industry, especially right now. And as I said before I doubt any changes to KCM are happening soon.

It’s not a big deal to me really, although there aren’t enough dispatchers working in the US that it would have a big effect on the system (2500 or so total maybe?) However I think there are much more important things to worry about in the industry, especially right now. And as I said before I doubt any changes to KCM are happening soon.
True, my friend. And please do understand, if you all do get KCM I’ll still be happy for you.

No it's not there for you or for me.. It is meant for operating flight crew only. You should consider yourself fortunate you are allowed in the CASS program. FAM rides can be conducted on your own company metal or even a simulator you have no need to be in a CASS program either. Also you must be in uniform to be in KCM. Like Manniax said there are other ways to get through security quickly. Flight crews need to transit airports swiftly they are in them full time it is not meant for DXers or any other airline employees.
I’ve seen plenty of people not in uniform using KCM.

There's no requirement to be in uniform. (unless things have changed since my covid leave started....)

I believe the one thing it may help is when doing an international fam ride, you would not have to pay the taxes

KCM was going to require uniforms, or multiple forms of ID if not in uniform, but TSA gave into the unions.

Right now TSA states which positions are eligible, and dispatch is not one of those positions.

I do think that Delta (correct me if I’m wrong) has some language about KCM in their dispatch contract.

And that same argument about getting there just a few minutes earlier could be used about flight crews as well. I’ve said for years that KCM should only be for working crew (if that) and not at all for commuting.

Let’s not forget that most crew don’t even follow KCM procedures by pulling a boarding pass before going through like they are supposed to.

KCM was going to require uniforms, or multiple forms of ID if not in uniform, but TSA gave into the unions.

Right now TSA states which positions are eligible, and dispatch is not one of those positions.

I do think that Delta (correct me if I’m wrong) has some language about KCM in their dispatch contract.

And that same argument about getting there just a few minutes earlier could be used about flight crews as well. I’ve said for years that KCM should only be for working crew (if that) and not at all for commuting.

Let’s not forget that most crew don’t even follow KCM procedures by pulling a boarding pass before going through like they are supposed to.
The reason tsa gave in on that is because the KCM system was used by a company in florida to give every employee kcm. Every moron with a w2. TSAs natural reaction was to punish every airline crewmember with added made up crap to verify the kcm user was a pilot or fa. Yes, instead of fixing their stupidity the tsa wanted to punish all of us for their incompetence.

#abolishTSA
I'm all for everyone getting kcm however. That screwball florida airline of inbreds may have been right for the wrong reason. Abolish the tsa.

No. Having your company pay the $100 for GE would be far more beneficial for you than KCM. The stews are lucky they still have KCM at this point with some of their drug running shenanigans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I personally never understood the push for KCM for us. I’ve got precheck and it takes me all of five minutes to get through, except once where it took me fifteen (morning departure bank from ORD in the middle in July). Otherwise I’m flying out of smaller airports where they don’t have precheck and it takes me all of two minutes to get through.

I personally never understood the push for KCM for us. I’ve got precheck and it takes me all of five minutes to get through, except once where it took me fifteen (morning departure bank from ORD in the middle in July). Otherwise I’m flying out of smaller airports where they don’t have precheck and it takes me all of two minutes to get through.

It’s the same people that adamantly want “crew” on their badges. I get the whole joint operational control aspect of things and being an ACM as a jumpseater,but if you want crew on your badge so badly become a pilot or FA

It’s the same people that adamantly want “crew” on their badges. I get the whole joint operational control aspect of things and being an ACM as a jumpseater,but if you want crew on your badge so badly become a pilot or FA

Try going anywhere outside on the USA on your own metal in the jumpseat and you will instantly understand why CREW on your ID is necessary.

Back