Operators With Extended Work Schedules

Saberflight

Hello!

I was wondering if any of you would be familiar with any operators that would have some sort of work schedule that would require extended work periods of either a deployment type style or constant travel. Even if it was before the virus I would be curious to know if these operators exited and what they would typically look for in a new hire.

Thanks!

What is extended in your mind? Is it 10-14+ day trips or are you thinking in terms of months away?

What is extended in your mind? Is it 10-14+ day trips or are you thinking in terms of months away?

The longer the better. I'm currently in a situation where I have the flexibility of being able to travel for months at a time so I was curious if there were any operators that would take advantage of that. Even better if they hire at a low time requirement but that doesn't matter as much.

It's the large 121 charter type stuff. Omni, ABX, Atlas, National etc.

And it stands for Aircraft Crew Maintenance and Insurance.......ie a "wet lease"

I'd say that as of lately, there is significant competition within ACMI carriers, with likely nobody else caring about having to travel either. Collectively, they are the only ones hiring folks eligible for heavy jets right now, aside from UPS.

Last edited:
Back