Kalitta Air Hiring

Dispatcher Spreadsheet says 4 on 4 off 10 hour shifts, and they are union (TWU); starting at 60K per year and topping out at 130K. Doesn't sound like a bad gig if you don't mind the area (it's a suburb of Detroit.) I believe rents are fairly cheap also. Good luck to all who apply!

Do they put flight followers in CASS?

Yes. Once you get through OJT and pass comp check. Great spot to be in the current state. Heavy A/C experience and ETOP sign off hopefully within the preceding months of your initial. 4 on 4 off is a BLESSING.Union is still working out contract but all seems to be moving in the right direction. A good choice to anyone who is willing to stay with aviation and keep the dream alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dispatcher Spreadsheet says 4 on 4 off 10 hour shifts, and they are union (TWU); starting at 60K per year and topping out at 130K. Doesn't sound like a bad gig if you don't mind the area (it's a suburb of Detroit.) I believe rents are fairly cheap also. Good luck to all who apply!
They are still in negotiations for their 1st CBA. The payscale you reference was offered by the company right before the vote to organize and it's my understanding it was withdrawn once they voted in TWU. The company definitely showed their hand as far as negotiating a new scale goes if you ask me.

So apparently if you ever applied with them for this position, you can’t apply again. It shows I applied to a position that was posted 10 days ago over a year go.

Not sure how I’m supposed to re-apply. Oh well.

So apparently if you ever applied with them for this position, you can’t apply again. It shows I applied to a position that was posted 10 days ago over a year go.

Not sure how I’m supposed to re-apply. Oh well.
Are you doing it via ADP? ADP has its issues. Try clearing your cache and cookies. Close out and try again. If that doesn't work for you, I'll see if I can get HR to reset it for you.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good luck to those who apply. I deal with Kalitta every so often to see if they can run Charters for us if something breaks for our company and they seem like a solid shop.

They are still in negotiations for their 1st CBA. The payscale you reference was offered by the company right before the vote to organize and it's my understanding it was withdrawn once they voted in TWU. The company definitely showed their hand as far as negotiating a new scale goes if you ask me.
No I’m pretty sure they were given that new scale after the company offered a better scale not to go union. I think they were told they had to honor it until the CBA was negotiated.

Does anyone know if they've met their hiring quota or are they still looking? I see the posting is still up on their site. Was just wondering if its worth to apply

Does anyone know if they've met their hiring quota or are they still looking? I see the posting is still up on their site. Was just wondering if its worth to apply
As far as I'm aware, we have not. That being said, we have received quite a few resumes. Nothing to lose in applying.

As far as I'm aware, we have not. That being said, we have received quite a few resumes. Nothing to lose in applying.

Sounds like that May class date will probably be pushed back then, if they haven’t even done interviews yet.

Saw an ad on Climbto350 toady for Kalitta, I noticed they are recruiting pilots that are already typed in the Lear and/or Falcon.

Saw an ad on Climbto350 toady for Kalitta, I noticed they are recruiting pilots that are already typed in the Lear and/or Falcon.
That's for Kalitta Charters/ Charters II (not sure which is which, tbh), and not for Kalitta Air.

I know it's confusing with all of the Kalittas, but it is a different company owned by Doug, and not Connie.

Looking at another class of 6 in the beginning of October. Most recent class is in the last week of training and will be going to OJT next week. Last class was made up of internal, external and past employees whom had been at one of the 4 majors. This will probably be the last class for a bit as this is for expansion so make sure you get Your resumes in.

Looking at another class of 6 in the beginning of October. Most recent class is in the last week of training and will be going to OJT next week. Last class was made up of internal, external and past employees whom had been at one of the 4 majors. This will probably be the last class for a bit as this is for expansion so make sure you get Your resumes in.
Any idea if they're considering applicants who applied back in July? I had a call to set up an interview and returned the call to try to set one up and I didn't hear back. I kind of assumed there were just too many applicants so fingers crossed for the next time around.

A small bright spot in all this, but nonetheless good news for a few lucky winners. How many will be on the seniority list after this round?

Back