Speaking of Southwest - July 2019 Hiring

Everyone's that's been given an offer, what did you do to set yourself apart from the rest of the pack?

If you get an interview at a major it pretty much all comes down to personality and some luck. Having immediate family in the office helps tremendously. Every other external has 2+ years experience with internal promotions at their regionals. All the resumes are the same.

I'll be commuting from Denver. Any other commuters...or anyone looking to rent a place with a roommate? Dont really want to grab a place that I'll only be at 30% of the time. I'd rather not roll the dice with a rando on craigslist. Trying to source a crash pad as well but havent had any luck.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!!

PM me if interested.

I'll be commuting from Denver. Any other commuters...or anyone looking to rent a place with a roommate? Dont really want to grab a place that I'll only be at 30% of the time. I'd rather not roll the dice with a rando on craigslist. Trying to source a crash pad as well but havent had any luck.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!!

PM me if interested.

Why would you only be there 30% of the time?

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!!

PM me if interested.

ya you’re going to be here at least 60% of the time while you are on reserve. They max you out every month they can so count on working 21 days each month until the end of the year when they have to ease up on your schedule. Even after you come off reserve you’ll work about 18 days a month. Just don’t want you to have false expectations...

ya you’re going to be here at least 60% of the time while you are on reserve. They max you out every month they can so count on working 21 days each month until the end of the year when they have to ease up on your schedule. Even after you come off reserve you’ll work about 18 days a month. Just don’t want you to have false expectations...

90% of the time from May to August. Reserves typically work every day legally possible during those months.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!!

PM me if interested.

TCAS- welcome aboard! Looking forward to meeting you. Please don't take my reply the wrong way- as it's not meant to "dash" your plans. The 30% percent thing is way off. Commuting is virtually impossible here. I'm only telling you this to give you a heads up on future living plans with your family. There are maybe 3 people of the 400 that say they "commute", but in my humble opinion, they don't. They're away from Dallas maybe 6 full days in a given month. As stated above, you'll be scheduled for 21ish days a month. The 9 days off you'll get are trimmed down, meaning on a 3 day break, you'll spend the morning of day 1 flying to Denver, and the evening of day 3 flying back to Dallas. That's 1 full day home, 3 times a month. What kind of life is that? The 3 or 4 that are so called "commuting" are connnnnstantly robbing peter to pay paul month after month with trades. I'm sure it's wearing them down. Again, my intent is not to thwart your plans, but to give you honest input into how it's gonna be.

Oh man! It looks like I misspoke there...what I intended to say was I'll be OUT OF TOWN maybe 30% of the time. That being said, it looks like that statement is still incorrect. This is only a short term scenario. We plan on moving to Dallas in a couple of years. I appreciate the feedback!

Back