A field guide to NOTAMs

A “Smart briefing” would be nice. Give the tower light notams to VFR Rotors. Give the IAP notams to IFR flights. Give the “Taxiway X closed to aircraft > 150’ wingspan” to airplanes with a >150’ wingspan, and not my King Air or PC12.

A “Smart briefing” would be nice. Give the tower light notams to VFR Rotors. Give the IAP notams to IFR flights. Give the “Taxiway X closed to aircraft > 150’ wingspan” to airplanes with a >150’ wingspan, and not my King Air or PC12.

This is a great example of how to break it down. Correlate them with the flight plan, & equipment code.

Dangerous pilots like myself that don’t always file a flight plan will have to do it the old fashioned way and sort out the irrelevant stuff. “CAT II approaches N/A” - Good to know when I’m out flying a Luscombe 8A.

Elvis express express is rolling out something like that shortly.

NOTAMS are a fine example of absolving yourself from legal responsibility and lawsuits.

I love that I now get DC SFRA Notams on my release. For some reason, in the past 6 months, my company thought it was a good idea. I’ll let you guys know next time I plan on flying the CRJ through the SFRA VFR.

I love that I now get DC SFRA Notams on my release. For some reason, in the past 6 months, my company thought it was a good idea. I’ll let you guys know next time I plan on flying the CRJ through the SFRA VFR.

Remember when you could fly into DCA in your Cessna 152 VFR?

Pepperidge farm remembers....

Back