Spirit DX....

Crappy SOC though. Spirit was the only dispatch job I ever turned down.

Really? I've never been over there before.

I think my company has had at least a couple people get hired there (but that was before I was hired).

I have heard that Spirit is "get what you pay for" kind of place, not just from a PAX stand point, but have no first hand experience.

Really? I've never been over there before.

I think my company has had at least a couple people get hired there (but that was before I was hired).

I have heard that Spirit is "get what you pay for" kind of place, not just from a PAX stand point, but have no first hand experience.

Oh it’s not hard to get hired there. They have openings multiple times a year....that usually is enough said.
Oh, and TWU.....

So is Spirit the GoJet of the ULCCs in terms of both airline quality and DX QOL?

Last edited:
Let's just say I have heard a story of another dispatcher who was jumpseating in the back. The FA turned to him and said "Yeah, I know. We suck."

Much more interested in the SOC work environment than anything else. I've recently had an AA FA share that the company is heading downhill and "sucks". One (wo)man's trash...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Much more interested in the SOC work environment than anything else.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

But....PAFCA.

IIRC, lots of OT available and a stable gig (in an inherently unstable industry). A good chance of being the acquiring carrier versus the acquired carrier. Airbii to South America.

No SOC is perfect (unless you're Delta of course j/k). Their pay isn't that bad and it's not a bad opportunity to jump on, they're still growing granted their product is "you get what you pay for". I personally wouldn't be discouraged from applying based on what some say.

Except Spirit isn’t considered a major...
They most certainly are considered a major airline...

I know quite a few dispatchers there. They have nothing but positive things to say. Lots of OT, good work environment, and they just voted in PAFCA 49-0. Sure they suck from a customer service perspective but revenue is through the roof and I've heard from dispatchers at other airlines remarking how awesome they treat you when you JS on them. The only reason I didn't try to get on there is cuz I didn't want to live in little Cuba where there is 1 season.

I’ve heard they are also in contract negotiations with the company now and are Dx are expecting a pretty big raise. But judging how long it took their pilots to get a deal I wouldn’t hold my breath

I know a few people that work there and this thread is the first time I’ve heard anybody say somiyhing bad about the OCC... all I’ve heard are great things about working there and how great their new OCC building is. I have been in the JS a couple of times and the pilots were great unlike jumpseating on some other other airlines... if I was at a regional, spirit would definitely be a place I would go to

I know a few people that work there and this thread is the first time I’ve heard anybody say somiyhing bad about the OCC... all I’ve heard are great things about working there and how great their new OCC building is. I have been in the JS a couple of times and the pilots were great unlike jumpseating on some other other airlines... if I was at a regional, spirit would definitely be a place I would go to

If you guys don’t get the point I’ll re-post it again...lol... not sure why it posted twice

Ditto.
I know someone there and have heard nothing but good things from them. From what I've heard, they have hired maybe 6 people in the last year and it certainly isn't that easy to get in. If I had to guess, negativity here is people basing it off Spirit's rather negative public reputation, which from what I hear is improving a lot under new leadership.
I wouldn't let the negative things here stop anyone at a regional from giving it a shot. Good luck to all that apply.

Back