Fedex feeders in Kentucky?

It's hard telling why he thinks that, other than being a tired CFI?

If growth continues, however, FedEx will either set up a nice career pathway all the way from CPL to mainline (and this is exactly what they are discussing, although it is very much in the planning phase) or they will find themselves having to go a whole lot lower in the barrel than "feeder trash" to keep their airplanes manned. Lot at how Emirates is hurting right now, even the big players aren't immune. FedEx has been having people leave classes for better jobs already and it doesn't look like it's getting better. For now they have plenty to draw from for mainline, but they are in a bad spot for staffing feeders. Personally, when I get to that point in my career I will most likely turn down the FedEx job and take a job at an airline that has me flying primarily domestic, daytime flights, for slightly less pay. That's just my personal preference.
Where are they leaving for?

Where are they leaving for?
SouthernJets is what I heard.

Seriously, though. There are a number of others besides the "big six" that I would choose over FedEx if I thought I could get better scheduling and a better base. Just saying.

I'm sure FedEx will find a way to keep the feeder's staffed. It's looking pretty bad. Hopefully they increase pay and add new shiny aircraft to attract pilots.

It's hard telling why he thinks that, other than being a tired CFI?

If growth continues, however, FedEx will either set up a nice career pathway all the way from CPL to mainline (and this is exactly what they are discussing, although it is very much in the planning phase) or they will find themselves having to go a whole lot lower in the barrel than "feeder trash" to keep their airplanes manned. Lot at how Emirates is hurting right now, even the big players aren't immune. FedEx has been having people leave classes for better jobs already and it doesn't look like it's getting better. For now they have plenty to draw from for mainline, but they are in a bad spot for staffing feeders. Personally, when I get to that point in my career I will most likely turn down the FedEx job and take a job at an airline that has me flying primarily domestic, daytime flights, for slightly less pay. That's just my personal preference.
Yeah me too, except I personally will look for another job outside of flying.

I'd love to hear the "negative rumors" that are currently floating around about airline jobs and why they are so undesirable to some??? Different strokes for different folks but 90% of what i heard prior to making the jump wasn't even in the ballpark.

I'd love to hear the "negative rumors" that are currently floating around about airline jobs and why they are so undesirable to some??? Different strokes for different folks but 90% of what i heard prior to making the jump wasn't even in the ballpark.
No rumors that I've heard. Just have no desire, just my personal preference.

Why not? You fly FedEx freight in FedEx planes? Why not start in a Caravan and have a structured pathway to a 777F?

I flew feeders (in retrospect) WAY longer than I should have.

Feeders for FedEx are NOT FedEx. Period. FedEx has a vested interest in interviewing/ qualifying who they want in the mainline operation. They have basically zero input in who the feeders hire. Therefore, with no input at the beginning, why would they tie their hands and force themselves to HAVE to hire some Gump that one of their contractors hired? It simply does not work that way.

I flew feeders (in retrospect) WAY longer than I should have.

Feeders for FedEx are NOT FedEx. Period. FedEx has a vested interest in interviewing/ qualifying who they want in the mainline operation. They have basically zero input in who the feeders hire. Therefore, with no input at the beginning, why would they tie their hands and force themselves to HAVE to hire some Gump that one of their contractors hired? It simply does not work that way.

This is a valid point about the hiring process, but it doesn't change the fact that FedEx is going to be in a world of hurt come December is hordes of feeder airplanes are sitting for lack of pilots.

I'm not in the same position as the OP but I never considered 121 flying for many years because I just wasn't interested. A couple of drought years crop dusting combined with the introduction of big bonuses at the entry level 121 jobs was enough to pique my interest, though.

I don't really know of any negative rumors other than the idea that some 121 pilots may not know how to fly an airplane without automation. Personally, I can think of a lot of jobs that I would enjoy more than pushing buttons and filling out paperwork. However, I will mostly likely stay in the 121 world if the difference between the money I make here and the money I would make doing something more enjoyable is great enough and the time off is sufficient enough for me to get my kicks elsewhere.

And when I say "stay in the 121 world" what I mean is leave 121 for 135 and then go to an LCC, but that's not pertinent to the discussion, only for family reasons.

Paperwork? I think the only thing I’ve done with a pen is sign the release and maybe putting city pair and flight number into a logbook, :)

Don’t you feeder guys just fly to the same few spots every day? With my previous 121 regional, we flew all over the US, Mexico, Canada, and quite a few interesting mountain airports like ASE, EGE, SUN, JAC, etc. I found the flying to be interesting and challenging. Not sure where the button pushing comments are derived from, but I never experienced that.

Paperwork? I think the only thing I’ve done with a pen is sign the release and maybe putting city pair and flight number into a logbook, :)

That sounds nice! Unfortunately we are still in the stone age

Don’t you feeder guys just fly to the same few spots every day? With my previous 121 regional, we flew all over the US, Mexico, Canada, and quite a few interesting mountain airports like ASE, EGE, SUN, JAC, etc. I found the flying to be interesting and challenging. Not sure where the button pushing comments are derived from, but I never experienced that.

My run is obscenely boring. I'm not sure how I feel about the most challenging part of my job being to ward of complacency...and I handfly more than most!

This is a valid point about the hiring process, but it doesn't change the fact that FedEx is going to be in a world of hurt come December is hordes of feeder airplanes are sitting for lack of pilots.
Been hearing that song for 10 years, and nothing has changed. Still an ass for every saddle.

Back