Cape Air is hiring

IJD

Cape Air is hiring in HYA. Great place to start off. You start off as a 135 flight follower. Usually in about a year you get upgraded to a 121 dispatcher, dispatching ATR-42s out of Guam. Solid crew working in the SOC. Really good trainer and supervisors. Pay is around $16 an hour plus a profit sharing bonus at the end of the year. Great travel benefits and the health benefits are good as well. New aircraft (Tecnam P2012) due to start arriving next year to replace the 402's.

https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/a...air1&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US#

SUMMARY:
The on-duty Flight Follower will, in addition to fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of company and Federal regulations, coordinate the minute-to-minute daily operation of the airline, manage the flow or aircraft and crews in company operations and serve as the focal point for all communication, information and decisions affecting that flow. The on-duty Flight Follower will participate in decision-making responsibility during operational irregularities, after input from appropriate Flight, Maintenance, and/or passenger service personnel; unless a given decision, responsibility is defined otherwise in company or Federal regulations.

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Oversees the safe operation of the daily company flight schedule
  • With access to all information integral to the operation, acts as the center of communication for pilots, station operations agents, maintenance personnel, and flight management personnel
  • Performs his/her duties from System Operations Control (SOC) at the company's Hyannis headquarters
  • Monitors and ensures accuracy of FLIFO
  • Assigned a desk for his/her duty period
  • Work with a "Team Approach" to desk coverage:
    • When a higher than expected workload is encountered due to weather, delays, mechanical irregularities or other disruptions, flight followers will assist other members of the team with communications, coordination and other duties in order to make situation more manageable
  • Required to complete a Competency Check with an Air Transport Supervisor (ATS), will receive "solo" sign off
  • Required to complete Competency Check after annual recurrent training or after a retraining event
  • Additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS:
  • Must posses a valid FAA Part 121 Dispatch Certificate
  • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
  • Must have developed problem solving and decision making skills
  • Must be a team player
  • Must exhibit exceptional knowledge of Cape Air and embody the Cape Air MOCHA HAGoTDI spirit

I didn't think the cost of living was too bad, but I came from California before I moved here. I have a studio for $750 on the Cape. If you eat out a lot, that gets expensive.

If you like the area, it might be a good first gig, but I think you'd be better off getting some 121 jet experience right away if your goal is to make it to a major ASAP. Lots of regionals offer you 121 experience from Day 1, and it sounds like you'd be waiting up to a year there to get 121 non-jet experience (which really isn't that different than jet experience, but jets look better on the resume than turboprops.)

I would rather have a job getting some airline experience then waiting for a regional to call back. I was there less than a year and I got a job at another airline and I had not yet been upgraded to the 121 desk. Airline operations experience is airline operations experience at the end of the day and it will separate you from everyone else who has their certificate but no experience.

I would rather have a job getting some airline experience then waiting for a regional to call back. I was there less than a year and I got a job at another airline and I had not yet been upgraded to the 121 desk. Airline operations experience is airline operations experience at the end of the day and it will separate you from everyone else who has their certificate but no experience.

Everyone’s situation is different. I’m just saying for those fresh out of school, might be better to wait a few months to get on with a 121 regional with jets, vs. going to a 135/121 carrier and having to move twice within a year if you then got another job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone's experience is different. I started off at a 135, was there for 3 months and got hired as an operations agent working in flight ops at a 121 regional turboprop Alaska carrier, now I'm dispatching at a 121 supplemental dispatching jets in Alaska, mainland US/Canada/Mexico, and now the Caribbean as well with a much larger aircraft. Everyone's path is different, flight ops experience is flight ops experience if you ask me...might help, might not.

Back