I think Boeing is going to poop itself (Airbus buys 51% of C Series Production)

The actual need for a 757 is pretty low. Very few markets utilize their unique characteristics where another aircraft wouldn’t do just as well and be a more economical choice.

This. I really dont think it would make any difference if Boeing made a successor to the 757. Once airlines started using them to cross the Atlantic that was pretty much it for the 757. Remember when Delta only used the 764s for trans-con flights?

This. I really dont think it would make any difference if Boeing made a successor to the 757. Once airlines started using them to cross the Atlantic that was pretty much it for the 757. Remember when Delta only used the 764s for trans-con flights?
The 757 was a 707/727 replacement which it did well and at the time of production only had the 737-300 competing with it which was a much smaller aircraft. As the 737 was stretched it started to cannibalize the 757 sales. Just no reason to keep producing it.

From what I understand is that the 739 has not lived up to Delta's expectations and the A321 and A330s have exceeded them. If Delta had faith in a Boeing narrowbody I doubt they would have purchased 75 C-Series.

Our 321s are pretty dope. I've never heard a passenger or pilot say anything positive about the 739.

Boeing reminds me of that drunk piano player that keeps playing "Joy to the World" and threatens to sue if you go to the bar next door.

The 757 was a 707/727 replacement which it did well and at the time of production only had the 737-300 competing with it which was a much smaller aircraft. As the 737 was stretched it started to cannibalize the 757 sales. Just no reason to keep producing it.

"Kinda".

Back in the day, the baseline jet Boeing was planning on was the 757 because, in their eyes, there wasn't a market for a 150 seat jet that the 727 dominated.

Then Airbus said, "Au Contraire!" and laughed heavily with a new, clean design.

Boeings answer was the 737NG because they had to play catch-up at the last minute because, again, a foreign competitor caught them with their pants down.

That's at least my understanding of it.

"Kinda".

Back in the day, the baseline jet Boeing was planning on was the 757 because, in their eyes, there wasn't a market for a 150 seat jet that the 727 dominated.

Then Airbus said, "Au Contraire!" and laughed heavily with a new, clean design.

Boeings answer was the 737NG because they had to play catch-up at the last minute because, again, a foreign competitor caught them with their pants down.

That's at least my understanding of it.

Yup. They had such a huge opportunity to make a kick-ass narrow body immediately after the 787 hiccups were fixed.

A NET ENGAGE!
The Canadians did design a pretty slick looking airplane.
16659350616_f84b2cbdb1_b.jpg

C-series-CS100-C-GWXZ-flypast-Michael-Steffen-620x350.jpg

The actual need for a 757 is pretty low. Very few markets utilize their unique characteristics where another aircraft wouldn’t do just as well and be a more economical choice.
Boeing is forecasting the need globally for 5000+ models sold. Sooooo...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

They have to forcast the need for a ton of airplanes or shareholders would be jumping ship. Especially after this deal.
I don't think that they would over inflate for shareholders and spend billions on a plane in R&D and manufacturing. If there was no market. Less of a market for it here in the states. But reports are saying it will be huge in Asia. And that Asian airlines are clamoring for it to be be made official so they can drop orders.

I have read varying reports thst they're making a family of jets for the NMA. One will be a narrowbody true 757 replacement. The other will be a twin aisle A300/A310 type plane.

Again I would bet my pay check that whatever the new 757/767 will do, the 321NEO or 330NEO will mostly do it but cheaper and with current infrastructure in place.

There are a select few airports a 757 is needed for sure.

Is this wishful thinking or a true reflection of the market.
Airbus CEO Tom Enders reportedly said in support of the agreement, that 'Customers would love to buy the CSeries but have so far held back because they were not entirely sure of the program."

Back