Aviation Staffing Companies?

Short answer, don't do it.

Long is , do you homework with the BBB.

then look at the pros and cons of the position. I have been called a lot recently by some of these companies. Their offer is always to good to be true. And the one time it was real. The job was for 6 months, no benefits at all. The only upside, I see with these jobs are FaceTime with the company and building early experience. But contract work is only an appetizer on your resume. HR managers are looking for main plate experience. But hey whatever gets "your foot in the door". 20 yrs ago companies had unpaid internships , and 40 yrs ago people started in the mail room ( what's that, lol). Btw. Good luck out there,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was a contract employee for STS in FL when I started my career. Pay was hourly and was actually greater than if direct hire because the benefits are not good at STS. STS is easy to work for, just had to fill out a time log, have manager sign it and fax it over to STS (Paid weekly). The contract is usually set up for 90 days, around that time the company will usually make you an offer to be a direct hire if you are a good fit.

The only downfall I saw with being contract is that the company will cut ties with you real fast if they feel you are not a good fit. All they have to do is call STS and have them advise you not to show up the next day (no reasons needed). This happened to a few people that started around the same time as me.

I personally took the companies offer at the end of 90 days for the benefits and have been with the company many years now.

On a side note, if 747dispatcher is correct and it is Kalitta that is hiring that would be a great place to go. You would get a lot of international and domestic experience and Kalitta seems to be constantly adding new aircraft to there fleet.

I was a contract employee for STS in FL when I started my career. Pay was hourly and was actually greater than if direct hire because the benefits are not good at STS. STS is easy to work for, just had to fill out a time log, have manager sign it and fax it over to STS (Paid weekly). The contract is usually set up for 90 days, around that time the company will usually make you an offer to be a direct hire if you are a good fit.

The only downfall I saw with being contract is that the company will cut ties with you real fast if they feel you are not a good fit. All they have to do is call STS and have them advise you not to show up the next day (no reasons needed). This happened to a few people that started around the same time as me.

I personally took the companies offer at the end of 90 days for the benefits and have been with the company many years now.

On a side note, if 747dispatcher is correct and it is Kalitta that is hiring that would be a great place to go. You would get a lot of international and domestic experience and Kalitta seems to be constantly adding new aircraft to there fleet.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. I'm still a few months away from getting my ADX but I'll keep what you said in mind.

There is a lot of movement right now which equates into many entry level positions open. If you are open to location you will have no problem getting your foot in the door with a company without going to contract work. In my experience working contract (medical not aviation) the pay was higher but no benefits. I had to pay out of pocket for health insurance etc. Unless you don't really know what path you want to go down in your career or the location you want to be in go directly with a company so you get the benefits the company offer (example matching 401K contributions). Like the other post state contracts are short lived with little to no stability. Like 747Dispatcher said, Kalitta is hiring directly so skip the middle man and go direct with the company! Good luck to you!

Back