Dispatch Burnout

But, the moment I get into a dispatch job and have that time to go somewhere, I might just look at the schedule and pick somewhere random. ;)

I had the same thought until I realized that while I could get on an aircraft for free, paying for a hotel and rental car to get around was another with a DX starting salary. Puts a damper on the whole "I'm gonna travel the world thing"

I had the same thought until I realized that while I could get on an aircraft for free, paying for a hotel and rental car to get around was another with a DX starting salary. Puts a damper on the whole "I'm gonna travel the world thing"

Yes, that will be a painful thing to give up, because hotel discounts for employees are fantastic. I might just work for my company part-time after I start dispatching to continue getting those benefits. I can get deals from my friends, but luxury hotel deals aren't exactly budget friendly.

This -might- be a stretch, but keep it in mind...

(Princess) Kate Middleton's father was a dispatcher for British Airways*.

His wife, a former BA flight attendant, started a mail order company selling chintzy party favors, which was very successful.

He later inherited a large trust when his grandmother died.

Mr. Middleton likely was burned out on dispatch in favor of living a privileged existence.

...So, if your family is wealthy and your spouse is keen on selling junk, you'll be OK to quit then your daughter will become a princess.

IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!

*Mr. Middleton's transition to dispatch was as an internal hire placed through the company's own internal course. This precise scenario would be applicable only to Delta dispatchers.

To my understanding, the job of BA "Dispatcher" is more so of a load planner/turn coordinator working on the Ramp. Different job than what we do as Dispatchers in the US. But nonetheless still a prestigious job in the BA Company culture.

they had a "planner" position open , i was applying and going back and forth with them

the pay is around 30.Ks , not sure is that decent to live in London

beside, they dont have CASS, lol

I guess I can kind of relate.

I got domestic dispatch burnout. Screw that •. Grumpy people, know-it-alls, piss poor attitudes, drama drama drama. Give me that INTL all day every day. Even then, it sometimes gets mundane. People I work around though, thats where the excitement it at.

For some, this just isn't the job for you and you will find that out really fast.

She may not be contributing substantively (to this discussion), but at least she is contributing positively. You`re not even doing that.
It makes it a lot harder to find the information the rest of us come here looking for. It's useless. And contrary to popular belief, you can't earn yourself a job by just coming on here and pretending to be nice to everyone.

It makes it a lot harder to find the information the rest of us come here looking for. It's useless. And contrary to popular belief, you can't earn yourself a job by just coming on here and pretending to be nice to everyone.
...but coming on here and showing nothing but complete disrespect toward another member somehow helps you get a job/advance your career? I find that hard to believe.

Dang man, what crawled up your butt? One of the reasons I've stopped coming here as often...people have been acting ridiculous on here lately. I'm assuming from your photo and name that you might be in Alaska...hopefully I never run into you.

I personally respect someone to have a backbone to call out what they don't like. Honestly Avgirl doesn't bother me as much as she does bushpilot. However, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was thinking to myself after the first two weeks of her joining and reading her posts. "Holy $@&% this girl has an opinion if I've ever seen one, on everything related to a job she hasn't done yet"

Oh and Guys, don't all come to her defense all at once...

...Thirsty

I personally respect someone to have a backbone to call out what they don't like. Honestly Avgirl doesn't bother me as much as she does bushpilot. However, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was thinking to myself after the first two weeks of her joining and reading her posts. "Holy $@&% this girl has an opinion if I've ever seen one, on everything related to a job she hasn't done yet"

Oh and Guys, don't all come to her defense all at once...

...Thirsty
I certainly don't lose sleep over it... but exactly, I have never seen someone have so many opinions on subjects she clearly doesn't know anything about, firsthand anyways. Therefore, I find her commentary useless. Sure its nice and all to exchange pleasantries but let's get real. She has no input of value as it relates to the profession. She just floods the threads with a bunch of crap posts. She's not the only one. But shes been a member for three months and has over 1000 posts on a dispatch forum, and she's not even a dispatcher.

I certainly don't lose sleep over it... but exactly, I have never seen someone have so many opinions on subjects she clearly doesn't know anything about, firsthand anyways. Therefore, I find her commentary useless. Sure its nice and all to exchange pleasantries but let's get real. She has no input of value as it relates to the profession. She just floods the threads with a bunch of crap posts. She's not the only one. But shes been a member for three months and has over 1000 posts on a dispatch forum, and she's not even a dispatcher.

OMG, I thought you were kidding. She has a 1,000 posts. #%&?

OMG, I thought you were kidding. She has a 1,000 posts. #%&?

I hardly post in dispatch, thank you very much. This forum isn't just dispatch. There are other categories. Most people are helpful, but overall, it is amazing how many people are so judgmental, especially of girls, and quick to feel that their territory is being infringed upon here. Luckily, this forum is hardly representative of the entire industry. :)

Back