Surf Air Hiring

They could turn into a larger company servicing the whole west coast. Would working for surfair for a period of time give one the ability to bypass the regional route and move to a major. That's just my thinking. Does anyone have any onsite on my logic?

Maybe they are growing but pilot wages are shrinking at least from what I was told they would pay initially. Unless the majors start dropping their minimums to the right amount of hours and a pulse like the regionals it might be a long time before you can move from Surf Air to a major. If you are going to get stuck somewhere for more than a few years a regional would be a better place to be a longer short term.

Seen a couple of them out of SBA and man oh man, they have some smoking female FO's. That alone would give me reason to put an app in.

I had a captain with the company directly message me several months ago saying the company dropped their 800 TT rule for FOs. Just looked at the website and don't see them accepting applications however though.

I had a captain with the company directly message me several months ago saying the company dropped their 800 TT rule for FOs. Just looked at the website and don't see them accepting applications however though.

Okay Brian, tell us more what's it like to fly for Surf Air?

I applied a year or so ago when they were just a theoretical company and it seemed like a good place to work. But got the TBNT letter. It seemed like a great potential company then. What's the schedule, pay and QOL like now?

I applied a year or so ago when they were just a theoretical company and it seemed like a good place to work. But got the TBNT letter. It seemed like a great potential company then. What's the schedule, pay and QOL like now?

I don't fly for the company. I'm hoping to send in an application for them soon. Sounds like a fun gig.

I was told to look into surfair as a current CFI, airlines want people with crew experience. They look to be expanding quite a bit with 15 firm orders of pc12 and 50 optioned. They could turn into a larger company servicing the whole west coast. Would working for surfair for a period of time give one the ability to bypass the regional route and move to a major. That's just my thinking. Does anyone have any onsite on my logic?
PC-12 to a A320/737? Seems unlikely.

Are they starting to hire more. I see they are getting quite a few pc12 and wanted to know if anyone has heard through the grape vine.

Agreed. Unless Surf Air gets PC24s and you start getting turbine time, I don't think it's a way to skip the regionals.
And the amount of time to get into a PC-24 cockpit will probably be a lot higher than a PC-12 also, I assume. May as well just get the 1000 (or 1500 if you don't qualify for rATP) and go the regional route...then at least you'll know early on if you like the airline industry or not.

Does anyone know if SA pilots have agreements for jump seat privileges with any airline. since they work 1 week on 1 off

I applied twice and wasn't even lucky enough to get thanks but no thanks.

Dang, doesn't sound to promising on my end then. Oh well
Eh, if you really want it don't give up on it. The first time I applied I don't think there was a lot of growth and I was around 1000TT, second time was probably similar times but after they announced a bunch of growth but I don't think it'd happened at that point. Personal life wise and career wise it doesn't really fit my goals right now but like I said, if you want it, no reason to give up on it.

Back