"The truth about the luxury of Qatar Airways"

g137555440242760856.jpg

What I read was deplorable.

That said, I don't feel for the people that keep applying there knowing what they're getting into. Plus, if you get fired they send you back to your home country don't they since your visa becomes invalid? It amazes me how long someone will put up with that garbage and just expect things to magically get better one day. Just Quit.

I was interested in Qatar Airways for awhile, til I educated myself on ppprune and got in touch with a former pilot. I never finished my online app and that was that.

If this airline existed anywhere else in the world, I'd say they are a threat to US airlines.. But it's the Middle East, a region that allergic to any kind of prosperity.. Just sit back and watch them self destruct.

If this airline existed anywhere else in the world, I'd say they are a threat to US airlines.. But it's the Middle East, a region that allergic to any kind of prosperity.. Just sit back and watch them self destruct.

They won't, infinite amounts of money to back them up and an almost infinite talent pool from Eastern Europe, India, Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines etc.

The only way to get they're attention is to take sanctions against them flying in the US and Europe.

Your US government (mine too) kisses the ass of these gulf state people, both Dems as well as Repubs. And the military pawns are kept at bases in these places.

The USA is its own worst enemy in this regard, alowing itself to be used and asking for more.

"Our government " has been sleeping with the devil for a very long time now.. But let's not act like they(we) get nothing out of it. Look at our history, we don't do a damn thing in that region that doesn't 100 percent benefit us.

I almost had an interview invite at QR back in 2010. They stopped once they saw I had a FAA ATP Written exam only, and not the full ATP. But my interaction with them was very professional. I got some help from a XJ FO who went to QR in (I believe) 2009. I've since lost touch and don't know where he is. Last I talked to him (Dec '11) he was close to upgrade and was enjoying it - but said it was hard work / busy flight schedule on the A320.

Your US government (mine too) kisses the ass of these gulf state people, both Dems as well as Repubs. And the military pawns are kept at bases in these places.

The USA is its own worst enemy in this regard, alowing itself to be used and asking for more.
Ive been saying this for years about Qatar. Al Bakar is a mad man. Not being sarcastic. Just google his name and watch some youtube videos of him. Napoleon Syndrome to the EXTREME

I'd rather kill myself than live that life. Lots of really nice (almost southern in manner) people in the middle east......however their ruling class have somehow forgotten their place in the world in the midst of all our pandering to them. They are and will always be global second class citizens, and they have literally survived only because of our money/efforts/policies. If not for the "horrible" USA, they would have been hung by their own people long ago. There actually isn't a group of people in the world that I despise more.

One of the pilots at my company flew for them for many years, he was also one of the pilots for the CEOs personal plane, he has nothing good to say about that company...some of the stories he tells me are crazy, on the other hand a former PPL student of mine flies for them as FO on the A320, he is in his mid 20s, makes a load of cash and he is living the dream, probably not in many other places in his current level of experience and age he would have been able to achieve that...

Back