Unnamed regionals take concessions, mainline gets raises...

Touché but read further and they have been offered raises

"American's latest offer to pilots is a 23% raise. It has also offered them binding arbitration to break the deadlock."

"American and other airlines have reported record profits this year, helped by the plunge in oil prices, which cut the cost of jet fuel, the largest expense for the industry."

Perfect reason to take those crappy contracts

"American and other airlines have reported record profits this year, helped by the plunge in oil prices, which cut the cost of jet fuel, the largest expense for the industry."

I fail to see what similarity (as far as right to profits go) a regional pilot group with zero scope protection and a major pilot group with scope protection have.

Remember (even for a wholly owned) until the the signature on your paycheck matches the little words by the boarding door, you aren't owed anything.

Last edited:
Touché but read further and they have been offered raises

Don't have to read the article. Get more information from both the company and the union than this article will ever provide.

I fail to see what similarity (as far as right to profits go) a regional pilot group with zero scope protection and a major pilot group with scope protection have.

Remember (even for a wholly owned) until the the signature on your paycheck matches the little words by the boarding door, you aren't owned anything.

Bingo.

Remember that record 1.5 billion dollar second quarter profit?

Yeah... about 50 million of that was profit from the regional sector.

AA increased the contract offer 4% IIRC

I'm really not sure why the hard on to beat down the RJ operators. Maybe they are trying to make it such an unpleasant place to work people will bail? I dunno.

AA increased the contract offer 4% IIRC

I'm really not sure why the hard on to beat down the RJ operators.

Where do you think some of the money for the 4% increase came from. Remember who works for "American" and who works for "American Group".

American and the pilots' union have been contract talks, but those have stalled recently.American's latest offer to pilots is a 23% raise..."

Edit: second time today something got messed up on a post. That was a quote from the CNN money article linked earlier. AAG seems to be running a the PR show, and the pilots could lose out.

Last edited:
Where do you think some of the money for the 4% increase came from. Remember who works for "American" and who works for "American Group".
I dunno I can't see it saving that much cash especially after guys are just going to burn their sick time.

That's a different sort of "Lucky," in which case - if memory serves me well this late evening - an amount of "work" must be put in play(ce) to accomplish said goal.

Back